Reload this Page >

Travelling to Europe Countries

Travelling to Europe Countries

Old Jul 26th 2017, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

britishfilipino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling to Europe Countries

Hi to all,

I just want to ask some sheds of light from you guys, I am a Non-EU Citizen currently in a civil partnership with a British Citizen. I am holding a BRP Card which permits me to work and stay here in the UK with my partner and the thing is we are planning to have a holiday vacation in Spain and France, Do I need to apply for a schengen visa? or am I excempted as I have a BRP card issued here in the UK and I am a spouse/partner of an EU Citizen in which I do believe that the UK is still part of EU as Brexit is not implemented yet? Can you advise me on this? Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling to Europe Countries

Originally Posted by britishfilipino
Hi to all,

I just want to ask some sheds of light from you guys, I am a Non-EU Citizen currently in a civil partnership with a British Citizen. I am holding a BRP Card which permits me to work and stay here in the UK with my partner and the thing is we are planning to have a holiday vacation in Spain and France, Do I need to apply for a schengen visa? or am I excempted as I have a BRP card issued here in the UK and I am a spouse/partner of an EU Citizen in which I do believe that the UK is still part of EU as Brexit is not implemented yet? Can you advise me on this? Thank you in advance.
You will probably need a Schengen Visa as UK not in the Schengen Area and the BRP is for UK. This will allow you to travel to EU Schengen Area countries for up to 90 days
Old Jul 28th 2017, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

britishfilipino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Travelling to Europe Countries

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
You will probably need a Schengen Visa as UK not in the Schengen Area and the BRP is for UK. This will allow you to travel to EU Schengen Area countries for up to 90 days
Thank you so much indeed.