Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Ideas please - what to give a Slovenian as a pressie from the UK

Ideas please - what to give a Slovenian as a pressie from the UK

Old Jan 21st 2013, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all
Default Ideas please - what to give a Slovenian as a pressie from the UK

When we move out of the apartment next week we'd like to give our building caretaker and his wife a small present to say thanks for all their help.We'd like to give them something 'English/British' but it has to be something we can take on the plane as cabin luggage and doesn't take up much space. Oh - and it also has to be something we can buy on the high street - no time to order on line.

So - does anyone have any ideas on what to buy a sweet but grumpy old Slovenian bloke and his crazy shell suit wearing wife?
Old Jan 21st 2013, 8:33 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ideas please - what to give a Slovenian as a pressie from the UK

Originally Posted by fizzytom
When we move out of the apartment next week we'd like to give our building caretaker and his wife a small present to say thanks for all their help.We'd like to give them something 'English/British' but it has to be something we can take on the plane as cabin luggage and doesn't take up much space. Oh - and it also has to be something we can buy on the high street - no time to order on line.

So - does anyone have any ideas on what to buy a sweet but grumpy old Slovenian bloke and his crazy shell suit wearing wife?
Sounds like a tin of snuff for him and some curlers for her should do the trick.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future

A nice box of Fudge!
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

fizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to allfizzytom is a name known to all

I thought that too. Or a tin of what we in the north east call 'black bullets'. I wish I hadn't left it so late!
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

mbkarl is on a distinguished road

Don't want to be stereotypical, but........

Slovenian man - some kind of strong spirit alcohol, brandy, whisky
Slovenian woman - some kind of chocolate, Thorntons chocolate worked on my wife and her parents
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

I've never known Ivan to drink but I did think of that. I do know that he's a coffee fiend though and I might take him something from the Ouseburn Coffee Company which has set up recently near the Cluny in Newcastle. Bit of a rival to Pumphreys and Ringtons.

Have you found any cafes that do 'English style' tea yet Karl? I keep telling Una to take a couple of teabags out with her and just ask for water and milk.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Just asking for "črni čaj z mlekom" usually gets you Indian Tea which is just like Tetleys or any other bog standard tea.

Most places will stock Earl Grey and English Breakfast also
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

I always find the črni čaj quite weak - even when you leave it in the water a while. Fortunately I'm happy with a fruit tea but I've noticed that they rarely ask which kind you want.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Indian tea is too weak for me even the English breakfast!

I used to take teabags with me everywhere at one stage, seem to have got out of the habit
PS for this forum its great!
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

A picture of the queen! I take no responsibility for that suggestion it came from Chris!
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

curryking is an unknown quantity at this point

A Union Jack shell suit - charity shops finest maybe...
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

beefeater costume
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

I can just see Mr and Mrs M going down Reds bar in a beefeater outfit and a Union Jack shell suit
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

I can just see Mr and Mrs M going down Reds bar in a beefeater outfit and a Union Jack shell suit
With a picture of the queen
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

they might get a few free beers if they turned up dressed like that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.