Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

The ideal European country...

The ideal European country...

Old Nov 24th 2010, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The ideal European country...

You just could be on to something good here ( except the taxes ? ) ;
btw , France also has Alps and lakes AND seasides , Great lifestyle , affordable property , culture sans end and amazing food and drink ...
Old Nov 29th 2010, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Austrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray51
You just could be on to something good here ( except the taxes ? ) ;
btw , France also has Alps and lakes AND seasides , Great lifestyle , affordable property , culture sans end and amazing food and drink ...

Yes, but there are no french in Austria
Old Nov 29th 2010, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

so much for worse/r then , the net result/s...
Old Dec 1st 2010, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

All I want is some bloody sunshine - so where the hell in Europe can you get that??
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cyprus , Dubrovnik , Montenegro , Balearics...
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

Cyprus , Dubrovnik , Montenegro , Balearics...
Apparently it was 30°c in Cyprus yesterday ....here it was -8°
However, I'm not sure it would be an ideal country to live in though.....
I think the canary islands would be more my cup of tea

Last edited by le plumber; Dec 2nd 2010 at 6:46 am.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Why do you think so ?
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Why do you think so ?
Not sure actually - maybe its the all year round climate that appeals. Living on an island though can't be that much fun after a while. Turkey appeals too but technically that isn't in Europe and if Sarkozy has his way it never will be either
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Could it be , that you're looking for what ain't there ( perhaps ) ?
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Craiggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Scandinavian women
French food
English language
IBIZA beaches and night life
American and British tv
Amsterdam "coffee shops"
a yearly F1 race at a track like Brands Hatch
And finally me residing there
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Craiggy
Scandinavian women
French food
English language
IBIZA beaches and night life
American and British tv
Amsterdam "coffee shops"
a yearly F1 race at a track like Brands Hatch
And finally me residing there

Forget the cold , calculated Skandie women ; try the hot ones from France , Belgium , Italy , even NL ( if desperate ) or alternatively : the immigrant ones , the Maroccans , assorted Slavic ones , the Ethiopians/Erithreans etc ;
- Great French /Italian Food ( and Arabic ) , all the TV you think you need , coffee shops ?
- Engleesh : everyone speaks a bit , or more , in a manner that you might find difficult to reject !
So , all the above : No Problem !
N.B. The THE best F1 race : Spa Francorchamps , in the Ardennes !
No Ibiza beaches , yet : crazy night life !
Welcome to Belgium , mate !
Old Jan 7th 2011, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

In my opinion England and Wales are the only countries that make good beer but I've pretty much managed without it since I moved to Scotland in 1997 so I dare say I can carry on drinking wine instead when I move to mainland Europe.