How easy is it really ?

How easy is it really ?

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

msgreentea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How easy is it really ?

Originally Posted by Dick here
Thanks, MGT
No worries, let me know if you have any other questions about living abroad.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

SteveandGalina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How easy is it really ?

Dick

You really must listen to what the other members are telling you. Making a decision on moving abroad will not often work if you just open a map of Europe and stick a pin in - what are your requirements?

Sunshine, British life style (a la Costa Brava etc.) City, Countryside, sea, mountains, skiing, golf, cheapness of cost of living (friends of mine have just holidayed in Montpellier and they said it was awfully expensive), hospital treatment - are you approaching the time when that will be important, ease of return to the UK (so regular cheap flights are necessary) language learning possibilities (unless you are a brilliant linguist some languages are more easy to pick up the basics than others) religion, television possibilities etc. etc.

Also a lot will depend on your financial state, if you have a house in the UK and have decided to sell it (I don't recommend that straight away but that's your choice) then how much cash will you be able to put into your new property?

You mention Crotia, maybe five years ago it was reasonably cheap but I don't think it is any more unless you are in some backwoods place.

Make a list of those things that are really important - imagine living without something and decide whether it is a necessity or not.

Once you have your list you can start to make your selection.

If you want any specifics I have moved abroad several times and you can ask anything you want - just send me a message.