Reload this Page >

How can I watch British TV in Europe

How can I watch British TV in Europe

Old Nov 14th 2011, 8:02 am
Just Joined

bigmorgs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How can I watch British TV in Europe

Hi,

I've recently moved to Berlin and want to watch British TV online (BBC iPlayer etc.). I googled it and come up with a whole load of paid services but has anone any real experience with them and can tell me which the best one is.

Thanks!
Old Nov 20th 2011, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

gardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nicegardner8 is just really nice
Default Re: How can I watch British TV in Europe

If you haven't got room for a dish then you could try these:-

www.eltel.tv or http://www.filmon.com/tv/htmlmain/
Old Nov 27th 2011, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

DJone01 is an unknown quantity at this point

It depends what country you are in in Europe, in Zurich Switzerland my sister has cable and gets the UK freeview channels.

Should be pretty much the same as UK really, only options being SKY, Virgin, BT and the other one which I cant think of the name now, choose between what you want first cable or satellite, then look for a provider.

I had heard there may be SKY tv in Spain with some posters on another thread saying SKY boxes are on sale there not SKY+ though.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Azarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud of

I use a private torrent site for UK TV shows. Most of the shows get posted within about 24 hours of broadcast, download speeds are fast, plenty of seeders, all the adverts are edited out, normal and HD versions available.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 9:23 am
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

You can use a VPN service to be able to view iPlayer/4OD/ITV Player/Sky Go etc on your PC.

I'm in Saudi Arabia and that's what I use, works a treat (also bypasses the local content filtering). Pm me if you want details, I'm not following this group.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

johnkim is an unknown quantity at this point

You can use VPN services or DNS services. Both works really well, however VPN's are blocked in some countries and therefore you might be forced to use DNS in those. Thank You.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Otto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond reputeOtto The Squid has a reputation beyond repute

Having sorted out a VPN service, and being abroad for so long, I have just realised that there is not much that I want to watch any more.
I put on Coronation St and only recognised about 2 of the characters!
What happened to Vera and Jack?
Old Jan 31st 2012, 1:31 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

have only been in Spain for 6 weeks but don't miss a thing on television, cannot remember what was on when I left. Spanish digital terrestial has a number of stations with the usual CSI, NCIS, Castle, etc in English (well the original American English).
But just don't get time to watch much TV, too busy enjoying myself.

rgds
Old Mar 26th 2012, 3:26 am
Just Joined

woodcutter2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigmorgs
Hi,

I've recently moved to Berlin and want to watch British TV online (BBC iPlayer etc.). I googled it and come up with a whole load of paid services but has anone any real experience with them and can tell me which the best one is.

Thanks!
We live in Canada and watch the bbc and itv on our pc and ps3 through a VPN. Also get to watch all US tv. VPN for us is so easy and we get all UK content. From Berlin your connection will be better than ours. Watching it on an Xbox or PS3 is easy and better than attaching your laptop to the TV everytime !! Cost is .only $70 us a year what a bargin
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

mediterraneo2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigmorgs
Hi,

Thanks!
Really not much choice in any countries in Europe outside UK. My satellite dish on Island Rab, Croatia catches satellites with hundreds of channels, german, italian.. including Arabian, but in English nothing besides BBC News.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

george000 is an unknown quantity at this point

use eltel
Old Jun 22nd 2012, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Jon carlisle is an unknown quantity at this point

How do i use the VPN through the PS3? Do i download it on the laptop then transfer using a memory stick? How do you upload the program from the stick to the PS3?
Old Jun 25th 2012, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

nigelbentley is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen mention of eltel a couple of times and also VPN's what is the difference between them? I assume that with a VPN service you just pretend to be in the UK and watch iPlayer etc. as usual.

Is eltel still running? it has the message 'Please note, that we are no longer accepting membership for the eltel.tv service.
Existing members will continue to be able to access the service for the duration of their subscription.
Thanks to all the folks who tested and used the system.' ... so i guess not

Anyone got any other ideas?
Old Jun 25th 2012, 1:49 pm
Banned

Chrissy76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nigel, I have just set up home in Madrid. I'm hoping to be able to continue a Sky subscription here but their mobile tv didn't work when I tried it (still a subscriber in the UK).
Like you I am hoping someone can tell me how I can get a similar thing to watch. Not really bothered about sport and I'm not a techi.
Help ?
Old Jun 25th 2012, 3:58 pm
Banned

Nowhere Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

There are a couple of iPad apps I've tried here in Florida but not Sky. Can't get iPlayer here and nothing that lets me watch later on because of my time difference

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.