Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

Old Aug 10th 2004, 11:23 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Andalucia
Posts: 123
the boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant future
Talking the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

Ok the house is up for sale and its all getting very exciting and very bloody scary all at the same time

It was put on the market on Friday and we have had an offer already!!!!!!

Too low though,BUT they were first time buyers so there was that to it but gonna hold out for the price we want

As soon as we get that then trust me plenty of will be sunk!!!

Wish us luck

Ruth
the boudiers is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2004, 3:38 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
pathfinder's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Jerez de la Frontera Spain
Posts: 34
pathfinder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

the best of luck....where are you relocating to?

Danny
[email protected]
www.relocatingtoandalucia.com
pathfinder is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2004, 11:19 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Andalucia
Posts: 123
the boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant future
Default Re: the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

Originally Posted by pathfinder
the best of luck....where are you relocating to?

Danny
[email protected]
www.relocatingtoandalucia.com

Hi there,we dont want to go as far across as you.We are looking in the Granada region but not as far across as almeria.Fairly open as to where to go as long as schools etc are all ok.we have 4 kids ranging from 10 to 4 the youngest having special needs so obviously she will be our main concern.

Ruth
the boudiers is offline  
Old Aug 24th 2004, 11:39 pm
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
pwwm's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Albuñol. Granada
Posts: 1,532
pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

Hi
Are you still interested in Albunol? if so and you have had no info from anywhere else let me know as I live here and have done for a year now.
Regards Pat
pwwm is offline  
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:00 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Andalucia
Posts: 123
the boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant future
Default Re: the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

Originally Posted by pwwm
Hi
Are you still interested in Albunol? if so and you have had no info from anywhere else let me know as I live here and have done for a year now.
Regards Pat

Hi there,yes still interested in albunol.We are looking at all areas so any info about houses schools etc is all gratefully recieved.


Thanks

Ruth
the boudiers is offline  
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:56 am
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
 
pwwm's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Albuñol. Granada
Posts: 1,532
pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

Originally Posted by the boudiers
Hi there,yes still interested in albunol.We are looking at all areas so any info about houses schools etc is all gratefully recieved.


Thanks

Ruth
Hi Ruth
Weather is good all year, currently running mid thirties. we are 6kms from the sea at La Rabita, not too many Brits here, small group of us, the schools I am afraid I know nothing about but they look good, nice "Junior" school and once the children are inside I notice they lock the gates. also large senior school here that children are bused in from around the area. shops are good, we have a medical centre, which is also a small emergency centre with physio etc. numerous banks, farmacia, hairdressers all the usual things. very friendly people, our neighbours are spanish and they are very very nice, continuosly being given veg etc. bus service not so good, car is needed. no english newspapers so if you want to stay away from anything British this is the place. Typical rural Spain, markets etc. Only drawback as it is rural Spain is through the valley and onto Almeria we have a lot of plastic greenhouses, but this is their industry there is nothing else, no high rise etc, only holiday makers, tend to be Spanish, I do have a web page with many photos of the area if you email me I will let you have the address, apart from the greenhouses which is the only drawback, but they dont bother us, we are at the foot of the Alpujarra's only 20 minutes or so and we have some stunning scenery on our doorstep, you can see the snow on the sierra's year round. All visitors we have had have fallen in love with the place.
Not sure what else you might like to know, please ask. we started with no spanish at all and have learnt the hard way as they say but have enjoyed the experience.
Regards Pat
pwwm is offline  
Old Aug 25th 2004, 11:58 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Andalucia
Posts: 123
the boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant future
Default Re: the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

Originally Posted by pwwm
Hi Ruth
Weather is good all year, currently running mid thirties. we are 6kms from the sea at La Rabita, not too many Brits here, small group of us, the schools I am afraid I know nothing about but they look good, nice "Junior" school and once the children are inside I notice they lock the gates. also large senior school here that children are bused in from around the area. shops are good, we have a medical centre, which is also a small emergency centre with physio etc. numerous banks, farmacia, hairdressers all the usual things. very friendly people, our neighbours are spanish and they are very very nice, continuosly being given veg etc. bus service not so good, car is needed. no english newspapers so if you want to stay away from anything British this is the place. Typical rural Spain, markets etc. Only drawback as it is rural Spain is through the valley and onto Almeria we have a lot of plastic greenhouses, but this is their industry there is nothing else, no high rise etc, only holiday makers, tend to be Spanish, I do have a web page with many photos of the area if you email me I will let you have the address, apart from the greenhouses which is the only drawback, but they dont bother us, we are at the foot of the Alpujarra's only 20 minutes or so and we have some stunning scenery on our doorstep, you can see the snow on the sierra's year round. All visitors we have had have fallen in love with the place.
Not sure what else you might like to know, please ask. we started with no spanish at all and have learnt the hard way as they say but have enjoyed the experience.
Regards Pat

This sounds exactly thearea we are looking at.We have friends who have a house in Albunelas which we visited in JAn this year,after going there we decided this was just the sort of place we are looking for.I will try and send you a PM with my e-mail address

Thanks again
Ruth
the boudiers is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 2:19 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 30
Nett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

Originally Posted by pwwm
Hi
Are you still interested in Albunol? if so and you have had no info from anywhere else let me know as I live here and have done for a year now.
Regards Pat
Hi we are a family of five and we will signing our contracts for our house in Albunol in October -
Nett is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:46 pm
  #9  
BE Forum Addict
 
pwwm's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Albuñol. Granada
Posts: 1,532
pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

Hi Nett

So whereabouts are you buying here? must meet up when you are over. any question re Albunol do contact.

Regards Pat
pwwm is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:17 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 30
Nett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

Originally Posted by the boudiers
Hi there,we dont want to go as far across as you.We are looking in the Granada region but not as far across as almeria.Fairly open as to where to go as long as schools etc are all ok.we have 4 kids ranging from 10 to 4 the youngest having special needs so obviously she will be our main concern.

Ruth
Hiya I come from Cheshunt originaly and married a guy from East Ham moved all over London eventually ended up in Essex now decided to move to Albunol never heard of it before but loved it straight away, completing in October and can't wait, got three girls 22, 19 & 14 we are going to make i... when you get there we will have to meet up and exchange tact tics...
Nett is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:19 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 30
Nett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

Originally Posted by pwwm
Hi Ruth
Weather is good all year, currently running mid thirties. we are 6kms from the sea at La Rabita, not too many Brits here, small group of us, the schools I am afraid I know nothing about but they look good, nice "Junior" school and once the children are inside I notice they lock the gates. also large senior school here that children are bused in from around the area. shops are good, we have a medical centre, which is also a small emergency centre with physio etc. numerous banks, farmacia, hairdressers all the usual things. very friendly people, our neighbours are spanish and they are very very nice, continuosly being given veg etc. bus service not so good, car is needed. no english newspapers so if you want to stay away from anything British this is the place. Typical rural Spain, markets etc. Only drawback as it is rural Spain is through the valley and onto Almeria we have a lot of plastic greenhouses, but this is their industry there is nothing else, no high rise etc, only holiday makers, tend to be Spanish, I do have a web page with many photos of the area if you email me I will let you have the address, apart from the greenhouses which is the only drawback, but they dont bother us, we are at the foot of the Alpujarra's only 20 minutes or so and we have some stunning scenery on our doorstep, you can see the snow on the sierra's year round. All visitors we have had have fallen in love with the place.
Not sure what else you might like to know, please ask. we started with no spanish at all and have learnt the hard way as they say but have enjoyed the experience.
Regards Pat

can you let me have your web please, Nett
Nett is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:23 pm
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 30
Nett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

Originally Posted by Nett
can you let me have your web please, Nett
e-mail: [email protected]
Nett is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:31 pm
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 30
Nett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

Originally Posted by pwwm
Hi Nett

So whereabouts are you buying here? must meet up when you are over. any question re Albunol do contact.

Regards Pat
Hi thanks for your reply we have bought a rural house that is loosley called a hotel used for mountain bikers not far from the town at the bottom of the hill is a river that people use as a road!!
Nett is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:34 pm
  #14  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 30
Nett is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

Originally Posted by Nett
Hi thanks for your reply we have bought a rural house that is loosley called a hotel used for mountain bikers not far from the town at the bottom of the hill is a river that people use as a road!!
It would be lovely to meet up perhaps I could practice my Miguel CDs how to speak spanish with you, or perhaps a glass of wine or two
Nett is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:16 am
  #15  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Andalucia
Posts: 123
the boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant futurethe boudiers has a brilliant future
Default Re: the house is up.....ARRRGGGGHHHH

Originally Posted by Nett
Hiya I come from Cheshunt originaly and married a guy from East Ham moved all over London eventually ended up in Essex now decided to move to Albunol never heard of it before but loved it straight away, completing in October and can't wait, got three girls 22, 19 & 14 we are going to make i... when you get there we will have to meet up and exchange tact tics...

Hi there,you will know sunny hoddesdon then .We have had to drop the price of the house twice now and i could REALLY kick myself for not taking the first offer!But hey ho hind sigt is a great thing!!!!I am originally fromEssex so where abouts did you eventually settle?Before any one comes up with any sarcastic comments i have never owned a pair of white shoes in my life
Any way,keep in touch

Ruth
the boudiers is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.