Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hi from me in Romania

Hi from me in Romania

Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

thrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nice
Smile Hi from me in Romania

Thought i would introduce myself seems an interesting forum with lots of good info going on..

about me i am English and living in south west romania and have been here for about 18 months i live in a small village at the base of the Carpathian mountains south west tip
i work on the internet SEO (at night)and in construction during the day

I would be glad to meet other Brits who live in romania

I will have a browse about and read some posts

in the mean time I look forward to helping those looking for information on living and working in romania

Last edited by thrifty; Mar 28th 2007 at 5:35 pm. Reason: I am English
Old Mar 30th 2007, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Artho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi from me in Romania

What do you do for an income if you don't mind me asking mate. I actually have a friend who is interested in moving to Romania but is worried about the language barrier and employment situation.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 11:23 am
Just Joined

conrad1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

Im not a brit living abroad ,im a romanian i like a lot this forum ,and i like to help all the people who intend to move or to travel in Romania.I can give you some advice about jobs, renting or about which city is the best for someone who dont speak romanian.I live like thrifty in the sout west of Romania ,in my city there are plenty italians but not to many brits.
Anyway if somebody need some information about Romania just send me an email and i will reply.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

thrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nicethrifty is just really nice
Wink Re: Hi from me in Romania

Originally Posted by Artho
What do you do for an income if you don't mind me asking mate. I actually have a friend who is interested in moving to Romania but is worried about the language barrier and employment situation.
Hi I currently am working in construction but i also do DJ and also web site work, I just closed a disco bar in my local town and am looking to relax a little, its a great place for that, in may i have a mate who is coming to live near me on a permanant basis with his romanian girlfriend, there is one scots guy about 60 miles from here and he runs a b n b for enduro thats good business here,i am staying with a family here, so it fairly easy cos i speak some romanian and they speak some good english so between the both we get on fine, the language is not so hard, but to start with you need a helping hand, many of the younger genration speak good to average english so its not so hard to get by, i wouldnt recommend coming on your todd with no spoken romanian or at least a good contact who could translate for you. if your mate wants to send me an e mail or contact me via this site let me know, i would be pleased to offer some advice from somone whos been coming to romania since 93 and has lived here for 18 months permenant.
all the best
Old Mar 30th 2007, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by conrad1
Hi guys

Im not a brit living abroad ,im a romanian i like a lot this forum ,and i like to help all the people who intend to move or to travel in Romania.I can give you some advice about jobs, renting or about which city is the best for someone who dont speak romanian.I live like thrifty in the sout west of Romania ,in my city there are plenty italians but not to many brits.
Anyway if somebody need some information about Romania just send me an email and i will reply.
hi conrad how is life in timisoara i presume thats where you are due to the italian influence. i go there many times i like it there and have some friends living there, may be a see you around
Old Mar 31st 2007, 9:40 am
Just Joined

Hi Thrifty ,yes Timisoara is the top destination for the italian but im not living there ,i live in Satu Mare close to hungarian and ukrainian border which is about 300 km up north from Timisoara.Anyway if you want to come and visit our city you are welcome anytime we can go out for a pint or two.
Old Mar 31st 2007, 10:32 am
Just Joined

hi conrad maybe i will see you one day who knows i have been to satu mare before maybe 3 or 4 times but it was many years ago in about 94 95 it would be interesting to see how things have changed ;-)
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:40 am
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I just had the time of my life at the dentists in Pitesti in Romania for the last 2 and a half weeks. It was great. Russian dancing, drunk dentists, dracuala everything you could ever want on a dental tourism trip. They love wild dogs in Romania don't they ? Also concrete tower blocks, horse drawn carts and Dacias. Bloody great people though. If you want to compare notes check out my blog.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by haggerwood
Hi I just had the time of my life at the dentists in Pitesti in Romania for the last 2 and a half weeks. It was great. Russian dancing, drunk dentists, dracuala everything you could ever want on a dental tourism trip. They love wild dogs in Romania don't they ? Also concrete tower blocks, horse drawn carts and Dacias. Bloody great people though. If you want to compare notes check out my blog.
I have to agree with you about romanian dentist they are very cheap and they are doing the same job like american or british dentists .Few years ago for a molar filling in London close to Elephant and Castle the dentist said it will cost me 300 pound and ill pass ,i paid only the consultation about 50 pound,and i have the job done in Romania for only 10 pound.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Cool Re: Hi from me in Romania

great to see you had a good time in romania, i wish more people would visit here as tourists, may be cos i live here and am working towards getting my own BnB set up some day,i agree with you the romanians are bloody nice people, i liked your blog too,any one interested can see mine also
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

nice blog see mine i linked it to yours

http://borlova.wordpress.com

Old Apr 10th 2007, 12:53 am
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

Good blog. I really enjoyed visiting Romania. I definately want to go back there sooner rather than later. I was supposed to visit there in the early 90's but had some red tape issues with my visa so I got stuck in Hungary for 2 weeks instead. It was well worth the wait though.

Last edited by Haggerwood; Apr 10th 2007 at 2:15 am.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 3:20 am
Just Joined

I was supposed to visit there in the early 90's but had some red tape issues with my visa so I got stuck in Hungary for 2 weeks instead.
I shuddeer to think i have visited hungary too if you see my blog again i have added about my first trip in 93 here i guess hungary was pretty similar then LOL, a lots changed now cosmopolitain place as you have seen, glad you like the blog
all the best
Old May 11th 2007, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

jane1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by conrad1
Hi guys

Hi Conrad,

I just came across this web and think will be great if able to participate in this blog. I came to Romania about one month ago. This is not my first visit to Romania and the only difference now is I will be staying here for 3 months unlike the past only few days as a tourist. The biggest problem is language barrier and I am like an handicapped whenever I go. People here are very friendly especially towards a foreigner willing to give a hand when in trouble. I feel so ashamed as badly wanted to exchange few words but words just cant come out from my mouth. Romanian language really very difficult to learn and hope if anyone there will able to help me????
Old May 12th 2007, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jane
Hi Conrad,

I just came across this web and think will be great if able to participate in this blog. I came to Romania about one month ago. This is not my first visit to Romania and the only difference now is I will be staying here for 3 months unlike the past only few days as a tourist. The biggest problem is language barrier and I am like an handicapped whenever I go. People here are very friendly especially towards a foreigner willing to give a hand when in trouble. I feel so ashamed as badly wanted to exchange few words but words just cant come out from my mouth. Romanian language really very difficult to learn and hope if anyone there will able to help me????
Hi Jane

I can help you whith the language ,just tell me in which city you are living here in Romania ,send me an email if you want and i will contact you in short time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.