Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

help and advice needed!

help and advice needed!

Old Oct 5th 2011, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

judithc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help and advice needed!

Hi all. My fiance and myself live in Northern Ireland and are desperate to move away. We are trying to find out what our options are, and are considering mainland Europe. He is a truck driver, and also has extensive experience in the construction industry, and has worked as a chef. I am a support worker (learning disabilities/mental health), I also have loads of bar/waiting experience. We'd be prepared to do any kind of work that we could get. I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice as to where in Europe may be a good place to find work? Neither of us speak a second language. Any help, advice or tips graetly appreciated!
Thank you all so much,
Judith
Old Oct 5th 2011, 10:13 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help and advice needed!

Originally Posted by judithc
Hi all. My fiance and myself live in Northern Ireland and are desperate to move away. We are trying to find out what our options are, and are considering mainland Europe. He is a truck driver, and also has extensive experience in the construction industry, and has worked as a chef. I am a support worker (learning disabilities/mental health), I also have loads of bar/waiting experience. We'd be prepared to do any kind of work that we could get. I was wondering if anyone could offer some advice as to where in Europe may be a good place to find work? Neither of us speak a second language. Any help, advice or tips graetly appreciated!
Thank you all so much,
Judith
Hi, I can't speak for the rest of Europe, but it's not the time to come to France, with high unemployment (reaching 20% in some areas), esp. if you don't speak French. Sorry to be negative, but the economic crisis here isn't favourable to expats, priority would be given to French job-seekers.
Better to aim for an English-speaking country, or Scandinavia or the Netherlands, where they all speak English, if you'd prefer not to be too far from friends and family.
Good luck!
Old Oct 6th 2011, 6:13 am
Just Joined

stevebg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by judithc
Thank you all so much,
Judith

hi,
have you ever think about Bulgaria - many brights choose Bulgaria as second home country, I have few friend living in my village. If you need more info will be happy to help.

cheers Steve
Old Oct 10th 2011, 9:19 am
Just Joined

judithc is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Steve. Will look into it.
Judith
Old Oct 10th 2011, 10:02 am
Just Joined

stevebg is an unknown quantity at this point

no problem Judith,
if you need any help or questions setting up a company, buying a house, Bulgarian low and regulations, may ask et any time.

kind regards,
Steve