Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hello from Warsaw

Hello from Warsaw

Old Aug 18th 2010, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Simpson10 is just really niceSimpson10 is just really niceSimpson10 is just really niceSimpson10 is just really niceSimpson10 is just really niceSimpson10 is just really niceSimpson10 is just really niceSimpson10 is just really nice
Default Hello from Warsaw

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I am currently living in Warsaw,Poland. I don't know if anyone else from this website is.
I am interested in reading about peoples experiences of different countries
So feel free to reply.

Regards

Simpson10
Old Aug 19th 2010, 6:52 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello from Warsaw

Originally Posted by Simpson10
Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I am currently living in Warsaw,Poland. I don't know if anyone else from this website is.
I am interested in reading about peoples experiences of different countries
So feel free to reply.

Regards

Simpson10
Welcome to the Forum...
Old Sep 9th 2010, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Simpson10 is just really niceSimpson10 is just really niceSimpson10 is just really niceSimpson10 is just really niceSimpson10 is just really niceSimpson10 is just really niceSimpson10 is just really niceSimpson10 is just really nice

thanks. What country are you living in?
Old Sep 10th 2010, 4:51 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Simpson10
thanks. What country are you living in?
France....
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Forres is an unknown quantity at this point

How is Poland? Are there many expats in Warsaw? I am living in Lithuania, not to many expats there but they are pretty good at socializing.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

deerjelen is just really nicedeerjelen is just really nicedeerjelen is just really nicedeerjelen is just really nicedeerjelen is just really nicedeerjelen is just really nicedeerjelen is just really nicedeerjelen is just really nice

Hi.
I come from Nowy Sacz (next to Cracow) in Poland xD

Last edited by deerjelen; Dec 3rd 2010 at 9:03 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Hi Deerjelen,

Are you an expat living in Poland? How does Poland compare to other Eastern European countries? For example, I live in Lithuania and the cost of living is very reasonable compared to back home in the UK, but some things are expensive.

Regards

Forres
Old Dec 4th 2010, 9:35 am
Just Joined

deerjelen is just really nicedeerjelen is just really nicedeerjelen is just really nicedeerjelen is just really nicedeerjelen is just really nicedeerjelen is just really nicedeerjelen is just really nicedeerjelen is just really nice

Hi Forres.
I'm not expat in Poland. I'm fifteen years old boy. I born in Poland. I search anwser about school in UK.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Deerjelen, what would you like to know about schools in the UK? Ask the questions and I will try my best to answer.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 9:49 am
Just Joined

1.When children start study in school & how long time they must study.
2.Do they have to go to kindergarten.
3.What subjects are in
a)Primary school
b)Secondary school
c)Further education (If you know)
d)Higher education (If you know)
4.How big are classes and school.(how many people)
5.Do they have to do homework's
Old Dec 4th 2010, 10:03 am
Just Joined

I apologize for the post post.
I've got small information about school in UK.
The educational system in the UK.
Children of European Union citizens have the same right to education in the United Kingdom as British children.
In England and Wales, education is divided into four stages:
1. Primary school
2. Secondary school
3. Further education
4. Higher education
The children have to go to school. They should start school in the first semester of falling after their 5 birthday, which is August 31, 1931 December, or March 31, but in practice often start school earlier. Must remain in school until the last Friday in June in the year in which they are 16 years of age.
Most people complete primary school at the age of 11 years and continues his education at secondary school. Typically, schools do not require entrance examinations.
Science in primary and secondary school is divided into four stages, culminating in an exam. Students are entered into at the age of 7, 11, 14 and 16 years. The last of these exams - General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) level - to continue their education in secondary schools, colleges or to work.

Exams
15-16 years - the General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE), underwent many items at the end of secondary school. Evaluation of A * (highest) to G (the lowest). 18 - General Certificate of Education Advanced Level (GCE A-level) and Advanced Supplementary (AS), taken at the end of high school (comparable to the Polish high school). AS are additional examinations that allow students to demonstrate knowledge of matching their particular interests.
After passing the GCE A-level young people can continue their education in schools or colleges, selecting the successful completion of professional courses of General National Vocational Qualifications (GNVQs). It can also go to university.
GNVQs combine elements of general knowledge and professional knowledge to work. Only professional knowledge can be gathered on courses National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs). They are based on skills, knowledge and competencies required by industry in each of its fields. NVQs have five levels of advancement.
School children from abroad. All children aged 5 to 16 years whose parents are legally resident in the UK, have the right to go to state schools. Children of European Union citizens have the same right to education as British children. It should be remembered that in time to enroll your child to school, sometimes because it is difficult to find a free place in the educational institution in your area.
In the vast majority of British school uniforms are valid at any other, must also learn how to dress your child not to feel bad about the new class.

Please, check grammar in these text.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 12:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by deerjelen
Hi Forres.
I'm not expat in Poland. I'm fifteen years old boy. I born in Poland. I search anwser about school in UK.
Hello. My dad/parents are from poland. We are going to be visiting poland/ukraine to visit new found relative there in march.....
Old Dec 5th 2010, 7:19 am
Just Joined

I invite to Poland
Old Dec 6th 2010, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by deerjelen
I invite to Poland
I invite to canada.......
Old Dec 7th 2010, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by willmore
I invite to canada.......
Maybe I will go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.