Hello

Old Aug 14th 2022, 7:50 am
Just Joined

Garygee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Just joined the forum.
Have been in Namibia for 22 years, and am now looking for info regarding visa requirement for flying to Germany and hiring vehicle for onward European travels, including UK.
If anybody knows of a dummies guide on the subject, I'd be grateful for a link!
Thanks.
Old Aug 14th 2022, 11:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Originally Posted by Garygee
Just joined the forum.
Have been in Namibia for 22 years, and am now looking for info regarding visa requirement for flying to Germany and hiring vehicle for onward European travels, including UK.
If anybody knows of a dummies guide on the subject, I'd be grateful for a link!
Thanks.
Hi, welcome to BE.

Visas will depend on various things - your passport/nationality, are you a Brit or do you have an EU passport? Which countries are you planning on going to, and will you just be visiting each for a short time?

If you can give a bit more info, then somebody can help I'm sure.
Old Aug 14th 2022, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Garygee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, welcome to BE.

Visas will depend on various things - your passport/nationality, are you a Brit or do you have an EU passport? Which countries are you planning on going to, and will you just be visiting each for a short time?

If you can give a bit more info, then somebody can help I'm sure.
I'm a Brit with a UK passport, and after landing in Germany, would like to travel to the UK via France, and Spain, (and back to Germany).
It would only be a couple of weeks max in each country.
Old Aug 14th 2022, 1:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garygee
I'm a Brit with a UK passport, and after landing in Germany, would like to travel to the UK via France, and Spain, (and back to Germany).
It would only be a couple of weeks max in each country.
AFAIK, Brits can spend up to 90 days out of every 180 days in the Schengen area without needing a visa. Just check other requirements i.e. passport validity, Covid vaccines, etc. This is a useful website for info on entry requirements to each country. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice

HTH, have fun.