Hello

Old Aug 14th 2022, 8:50 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Posts: 2
Garygee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Just joined the forum.
Have been in Namibia for 22 years, and am now looking for info regarding visa requirement for flying to Germany and hiring vehicle for onward European travels, including UK.
If anybody knows of a dummies guide on the subject, I'd be grateful for a link!
Thanks.
Garygee is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2022, 12:03 pm
  #2  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,960
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Originally Posted by Garygee View Post
Just joined the forum.
Have been in Namibia for 22 years, and am now looking for info regarding visa requirement for flying to Germany and hiring vehicle for onward European travels, including UK.
If anybody knows of a dummies guide on the subject, I'd be grateful for a link!
Thanks.
Hi, welcome to BE.

Visas will depend on various things - your passport/nationality, are you a Brit or do you have an EU passport? Which countries are you planning on going to, and will you just be visiting each for a short time?

If you can give a bit more info, then somebody can help I'm sure.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2022, 1:32 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2022
Posts: 2
Garygee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Hi, welcome to BE.

Visas will depend on various things - your passport/nationality, are you a Brit or do you have an EU passport? Which countries are you planning on going to, and will you just be visiting each for a short time?

If you can give a bit more info, then somebody can help I'm sure.
I'm a Brit with a UK passport, and after landing in Germany, would like to travel to the UK via France, and Spain, (and back to Germany).
It would only be a couple of weeks max in each country.
Garygee is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2022, 2:55 pm
  #4  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,960
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello

Originally Posted by Garygee View Post
I'm a Brit with a UK passport, and after landing in Germany, would like to travel to the UK via France, and Spain, (and back to Germany).
It would only be a couple of weeks max in each country.
AFAIK, Brits can spend up to 90 days out of every 180 days in the Schengen area without needing a visa. Just check other requirements i.e. passport validity, Covid vaccines, etc. This is a useful website for info on entry requirements to each country. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice

HTH, have fun.
christmasoompa is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.