Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Heathrow-->Knightsbridge-->Heathrow

Heathrow-->Knightsbridge-->Heathrow

Old May 24th 2006, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Nick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud of
Default Heathrow-->Knightsbridge-->Heathrow

Hi everyone I have a stopover in Heathrow and would like to meet a friend at Knightsbridge. My flight arrives at 1pm London time and the connecting flight takes off at 6pm. So I have 5 h for this lunch-excursion what do you think, is it reasonable ? or do I risk to miss the flight :scared:
Old May 25th 2006, 1:24 am
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Heathrow-->Knightsbridge-->Heathrow

Originally Posted by Nick01
Hi everyone I have a stopover in Heathrow and would like to meet a friend at Knightsbridge. My flight arrives at 1pm London time and the connecting flight takes off at 6pm. So I have 5 h for this lunch-excursion what do you think, is it reasonable ? or do I risk to miss the flight :scared:
People can corect me if I'm wrong, cause I may be, but I think th first question that needs to be asked if the connecting flight, is that to a different country? Cause if I'm not mistaken, you don't go through UK Customes and Imigration if you are ariving and then leavig for a different country, so you wouldn't be allowed to leave the airport. Anyone else??
Old May 25th 2006, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Nick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud ofNick01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wildandcrazy0525
People can corect me if I'm wrong, cause I may be, but I think th first question that needs to be asked if the connecting flight, is that to a different country? Cause if I'm not mistaken, you don't go through UK Customes and Imigration if you are ariving and then leavig for a different country, so you wouldn't be allowed to leave the airport. Anyone else??
thanks for the answer!

here's my schedule:

from Munich 11:55
at Heathrow 13:00

from Heathrow 18:05
at NYC/JFK 20:45

why I shouldn't be allowed to go through the Passportcontrol an to leave the airport ? (I don't need a visa for the UK)
Old May 26th 2006, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nick01
thanks for the answer!

here's my schedule:

from Munich 11:55
at Heathrow 13:00

from Heathrow 18:05
at NYC/JFK 20:45

why I shouldn't be allowed to go through the Passportcontrol an to leave the airport ? (I don't need a visa for the UK)
Frankly , I'd think it : too risky !
Your flight from Munich might be late landing , it might take another half-hour or longer , before you're out and onto Piccadilly line ; then , often there are disruptions , with London's stone age tube , you might be told to get off anywhere like Ealing , the pricey taxis aren't a guarantee either...and surely you need to check-in at least one hour before departing flight ?
Let your mate come and meet you at Heathrow instead if he/she doesn't have a flight to miss ...
Old May 26th 2006, 5:15 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray51
Frankly , I'd think it : too risky !
Your flight from Munich might be late landing , it might take another half-hour or longer , before you're out and onto Piccadilly line ; then , often there are disruptions , with London's stone age tube , you might be told to get off anywhere like Ealing , the pricey taxis aren't a guarantee either...and surely you need to check-in at least one hour before departing flight ?
Let your mate come and meet you at Heathrow instead if he/she doesn't have a flight to miss ...
my thoughts as well, knowing how London can be with traffic, and especially when you are leaving Knightsbridge to go back to Heathrow at rushhour, I think it would be asking for trouble. Also, I thought flights for the states require earlier checkins than other countries ? so 1 hour won't be enough either.