British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Europe (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/)
-   -   Heathrow-->Knightsbridge-->Heathrow (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/heathrow-knightsbridge-heathrow-375521/)

Nick01 May 24th 2006 10:26 pm

Heathrow-->Knightsbridge-->Heathrow

Hi everyone :D I have a stopover in Heathrow and would like to meet a friend at Knightsbridge. My flight arrives at 1pm London time and the connecting flight takes off at 6pm. So I have 5 h for this lunch-excursion :beer: what do you think, is it reasonable ? or do I risk to miss the flight :scared:

Wildandcrazy0525 May 25th 2006 1:24 am

Re: Heathrow-->Knightsbridge-->Heathrow

Originally Posted by Nick01
Hi everyone :D I have a stopover in Heathrow and would like to meet a friend at Knightsbridge. My flight arrives at 1pm London time and the connecting flight takes off at 6pm. So I have 5 h for this lunch-excursion :beer: what do you think, is it reasonable ? or do I risk to miss the flight :scared:

People can corect me if I'm wrong, cause I may be, but I think th first question that needs to be asked if the connecting flight, is that to a different country? Cause if I'm not mistaken, you don't go through UK Customes and Imigration if you are ariving and then leavig for a different country, so you wouldn't be allowed to leave the airport. Anyone else??

Nick01 May 25th 2006 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Wildandcrazy0525
People can corect me if I'm wrong, cause I may be, but I think th first question that needs to be asked if the connecting flight, is that to a different country? Cause if I'm not mistaken, you don't go through UK Customes and Imigration if you are ariving and then leavig for a different country, so you wouldn't be allowed to leave the airport. Anyone else??

thanks for the answer!

here's my schedule:

from Munich 11:55
at Heathrow 13:00

from Heathrow 18:05
at NYC/JFK 20:45

why I shouldn't be allowed to go through the Passportcontrol an to leave the airport ? :eek: (I don't need a visa for the UK)

Ray51 May 26th 2006 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Nick01
thanks for the answer!

here's my schedule:

from Munich 11:55
at Heathrow 13:00

from Heathrow 18:05
at NYC/JFK 20:45

why I shouldn't be allowed to go through the Passportcontrol an to leave the airport ? :eek: (I don't need a visa for the UK)

Frankly , I'd think it : too risky !
Your flight from Munich might be late landing , it might take another half-hour or longer , before you're out and onto Piccadilly line ; then , often there are disruptions , with London's stone age tube , you might be told to get off anywhere like Ealing , the pricey taxis aren't a guarantee either...and surely you need to check-in at least one hour before departing flight ?
Let your mate come and meet you at Heathrow instead if he/she doesn't have a flight to miss ...

furkew May 26th 2006 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Ray51
Frankly , I'd think it : too risky !
Your flight from Munich might be late landing , it might take another half-hour or longer , before you're out and onto Piccadilly line ; then , often there are disruptions , with London's stone age tube , you might be told to get off anywhere like Ealing , the pricey taxis aren't a guarantee either...and surely you need to check-in at least one hour before departing flight ?
Let your mate come and meet you at Heathrow instead if he/she doesn't have a flight to miss ...

my thoughts as well, knowing how London can be with traffic, and especially when you are leaving Knightsbridge to go back to Heathrow at rushhour, I think it would be asking for trouble. Also, I thought flights for the states require earlier checkins than other countries ? so 1 hour won't be enough either.