Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Greece, dog, cat, any suggestions?

Greece, dog, cat, any suggestions?

Old Feb 19th 2004, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

sjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant future
Default Greece, dog, cat, any suggestions?

We're off to Greece, yet again (when will we stop moving?) but this time we've got a dog and a cat in tow.

We figure that we'll have them flown over but maybe someone can suggest a dog/cat handling company that can do it for us from the UK.

More concerned about the comfort of the animals than the price so a GOOD company is better than a cheap company.

Thanks!
Old Feb 25th 2004, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greece, dog, cat, any suggestions?

Originally posted by sjjs
We're off to Greece, yet again (when will we stop moving?) but this time we've got a dog and a cat in tow.

We figure that we'll have them flown over but maybe someone can suggest a dog/cat handling company that can do it for us from the UK.

More concerned about the comfort of the animals than the price so a GOOD company is better than a cheap company.

Thanks!
I think my parents used airpets, when they flew out their 2 cats 9 years ago.
www.airpets.com/
You will need to take your animals to the vets and have a number of injections etc. , plus pay for the transporters (like a domestic cat carrier, but bigger). Water is supplied via rabbit feeding bottles and it would be wise to line the carrier with absorbent material (e.g. pampers disposable baby cot liners) as they tend to urinate when upset. I'd avoid sedation since this has been linked to pet deaths. From what my parents said, the quarantine in Thessaloniki was quite good though.
Good luck (Kali Tiki!)
Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

sjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant future

Thanks very much Larissa. I hadn't heard of this company before - I'll check them out.