Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Great news for expats in Paris

Great news for expats in Paris

Old Oct 9th 2003, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Molly m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Great news for expats in Paris

After much searching - and believe you me I've searched!! I've found a fantastic new concept for expats in Paris - it's called www.expatdate.com - well not the concept but the company - they do huge party nights for single expats and english speaking french people that live in Paris and they do speed dating too - they've got one this Monday 13th which I've signed up for - very brave!!! Hopefully see some of you there?!
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Jezza is an unknown quantity at this point

Your a brave girl Molly.

As a married (and soon to be divorced, I think) father of two, I may need to visit your new-found club in the near future.

Let us know how your venture turns out and some brief details about the club and whether it's a genuine attempt at getting people to meet or if it's a glorified knocking (spelling?) shop?

You should probably take a friend first time!

Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply Jezza - sorry to hear about the possibly impending divorce!! It is a genuine attempt at getting people to meet - have spoken to someone else who is attending the evening who knows the company creators and they say it really is an expat meeting club basically. It's run by two expats - one single and one married with a toddler - who both decided its far too difficult to meet fellow single expats over here except by doing the bar thing wihch isn't always what we want to do. I got the mobile number for you if you want to call them - its 06.32.72.91.14. When I enquired there is also a great age range too from 24 to the oldest so far is 44 so its all types of people but mainly professionals. Hope this helps a bit but I will report back after the event!! Am sure it will be great fun though!
Old Oct 10th 2003, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Jezza is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick response Molly. I hope you have a good evening on Monday and I will keep an eye open for your 'write-up' of the event next week sometime.

Is there a forum for single parents/soon to become single parents?
Old Oct 14th 2003, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

Well - I did the speed dating evening last night with www.Expatdate.com - one word !! Fan - bloody - tastic!! Had a fabulous evening - met some really nice people. The 2 people that run it are really nice too, really made you feel welcome. The bar was lovely, and it was all run very discretely. Everyone certainly looked as if they were enjoying themselves. I would definitely do it again. Most of us have all arranged to meet up this weekend so it really is a great way to meet new friends. Just have to wait to see if I got any matches now .....! They are having a big singles party on 4th November - they're calling it the ultimate dating experience!! They're doing icebreakers, mini dating - sounds like its going to be another fab night (you can call the girl that organises it on 06.32.72.91.14 or sign up on www.expatdate.com) - I think this really could be a great company to look out for - they really know how to get a good crowd together and make sure everyone enjoys themselves. Hats off to them!!
PS - Jezza - I met two other single parents there - both men!!