Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Getting out of Slovenia!

Getting out of Slovenia!

Old Oct 24th 2006, 3:57 am
  #1  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
willmore's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 61,698
willmore has disabled reputation
Default Getting out of Slovenia!

We have now finalized our plans for our eastern europe trip in may. It looks like we are going to be flying to prague, touring around and ending up in Slovenia.

My question - seem to be having great difficulty trying to leave slovenia. The connections dont seem to work very well. We can fly back to prague easily enough, but would really prefer just to be able to fly back to vancouver from there.

Any ideas or comments. Anyone had any experience with trying to leave to slovenia by train or flight to get home without having to wait for hours or next day.

Thanks folks.
willmore is offline  
Old Oct 24th 2006, 4:50 pm
  #2  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
willmore's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 61,698
willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Getting out of Slovenia!

No answers. Come on folks. Surely there must be someone out there with a opinion.
willmore is offline  
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:50 pm
  #3  
jdr
RETIRED ;-))
 
jdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Benalmadena Pueblo,Spain
Posts: 20,160
jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting out of Slovenia!

Looks like they have all left already
jdr is offline  
Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:06 pm
  #4  
Banned
 
Lord Lionheart's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Santa Monica,CA from Birmingham, UK
Posts: 18,402
Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting out of Slovenia!

Originally Posted by willmore
We have now finalized our plans for our eastern europe trip in may. It looks like we are going to be flying to prague, touring around and ending up in Slovenia.

My question - seem to be having great difficulty trying to leave slovenia. The connections dont seem to work very well. We can fly back to prague easily enough, but would really prefer just to be able to fly back to vancouver from there.

Any ideas or comments. Anyone had any experience with trying to leave to slovenia by train or flight to get home without having to wait for hours or next day.

Thanks folks.
I did not understand what you meant in your PM at first
Probably just not a popular destination to get in and out of North America. You have to consider that the major airlines want to get as many of their planes as full as possible and also have to pay airports for having permission to get in and out of airports. Generally speaking travellers from North America want to go to major business and tourist destinations

i.e London, Paris, Munich, Beijing, Hong Kong etc.

It's probably fundamentally a supply and demand issue....................
Lord Lionheart is offline  
Old Oct 24th 2006, 10:11 pm
  #5  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
willmore's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 61,698
willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Getting out of Slovenia!

Originally Posted by lionheart
I did not understand what you meant in your PM at first
Probably just not a popular destination to get in and out of North America. You have to consider that the major airlines want to get as many of their planes as full as possible and also have to pay airports for having permission to get in and out of airports. Generally speaking travellers from North America want to go to major business and tourist destinations

i.e London, Paris, Munich, Beijing, Hong Kong etc.

It's probably fundamentally a supply and demand issue....................

Thanks tom. I got that impression when looking for direct flights. When I pmd you I had read that the flights from bled and klagenfurt to major cities in europe are hit and miss to say the least, and that's what I was asking you, since you have travelled all over the world.

Im confused, but everything will work out im sure.

Thanks again tom for your help.

Last edited by willmore; Oct 24th 2006 at 10:18 pm.
willmore is offline  
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:38 am
  #6  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
willmore's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 61,698
willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Getting out of Slovenia!

Wow 38 views and not one person living in europe could be bothered to answer my question.

You folks have been SO helpful. Thanks for all your help, Im ever so grateful!
willmore is offline  
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:43 am
  #7  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Oz -> UK -> San Diego
Posts: 9,910
Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting out of Slovenia!

Originally Posted by willmore
Wow 38 views and not one person living in europe could be bothered to answer my question.

You folks have been SO helpful. Thanks for all your help, Im ever so grateful!

Just had a whizz around Ryanair but couldn't find what I was looking for. A mate went to Slovenia for a long weekend a couple of years ago, flew with Ryanair to somewhere in another country just over the border from Lake Bled. I was just looking on the website to see if the name jumped out at me, but it didnt. Sorry. Guess i cant help either. Have you tried google but maybe in a different language to try to find airlines from other countries? eg there are often really cheap package flights run by German and French operators. Good luck!

Last edited by Ozzidoc; Oct 25th 2006 at 3:50 am.
Ozzidoc is offline  
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:48 am
  #8  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
willmore's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 61,698
willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Getting out of Slovenia!

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Hang on a mo.

Save me, save me...Im slipping......gone!
willmore is offline  
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:50 am
  #9  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Oz -> UK -> San Diego
Posts: 9,910
Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting out of Slovenia!

Originally Posted by willmore
Save me, save me...Im slipping......gone!

See above! I've edited the post
Ozzidoc is offline  
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:54 am
  #10  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
willmore's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 61,698
willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Getting out of Slovenia!

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Just had a whizz around Ryanair but couldn't find what I was looking for. A mate went to Slovenia for a long weekend a couple of years ago, flew with Ryanair to somewhere in another country just over the border from Lake Bled. I was just looking on the website to see if the name jumped out at me, but it didnt. Sorry. Guess i cant help either. Have you tried google but maybe in a different language to try to find airlines from other countries? eg there are often really cheap package flights run by German and French operators. Good luck!

Sounds like Klagenfurt - which is a possibiity. Thanks for your help hon. Every suggestion is helpful. Just doing that now, just hoping that there was any easy answer......

That comment was not directed at you at all.

Last edited by willmore; Oct 25th 2006 at 3:59 am.
willmore is offline  
Old Oct 25th 2006, 4:01 am
  #11  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Oz -> UK -> San Diego
Posts: 9,910
Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting out of Slovenia!

Originally Posted by willmore
Sounds like Klagenfurt - which is a possibiity. Thanks for your help hon. Every suggestion is helpful. Just doing that now, just hoping that there was any easy answer......

That comment was not directed at you at all.

No worries - I knew that


Yeah, I thought that it was Klagenfurt too, but wasnt 100% sure.
Ozzidoc is offline  
Old Oct 31st 2006, 10:19 pm
  #12  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 6
carluk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting out of Slovenia!

Use www.innovata-llc.com

It will show all your possible connections.
carluk is offline  
Old Oct 31st 2006, 11:38 pm
  #13  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
willmore's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 61,698
willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Getting out of Slovenia!

Originally Posted by carluk
Use www.innovata-llc.com

It will show all your possible connections.

Thank you. The website is very helpful.
willmore is offline  
Old Nov 7th 2006, 3:12 pm
  #14  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 716
brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Getting out of Slovenia!

Originally Posted by willmore
Thank you. The website is very helpful.
Venice is not too far, lots of connections from there
brussels_sprout is offline  
Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:09 am
  #15  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
willmore's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 61,698
willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Getting out of Slovenia!

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
Venice is not too far, lots of connections from there

Thanks everyone for your help.

Final travel arrangements have been made. I appreciate everyones' help.

Happy travels.
willmore is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.