Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Getting out of Slovenia!

Getting out of Slovenia!

Old Oct 24th 2006, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Getting out of Slovenia!

We have now finalized our plans for our eastern europe trip in may. It looks like we are going to be flying to prague, touring around and ending up in Slovenia.

My question - seem to be having great difficulty trying to leave slovenia. The connections dont seem to work very well. We can fly back to prague easily enough, but would really prefer just to be able to fly back to vancouver from there.

Any ideas or comments. Anyone had any experience with trying to leave to slovenia by train or flight to get home without having to wait for hours or next day.

Thanks folks.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Default Re: Getting out of Slovenia!

No answers. Come on folks. Surely there must be someone out there with a opinion.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 8:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like they have all left already
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:06 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
We have now finalized our plans for our eastern europe trip in may. It looks like we are going to be flying to prague, touring around and ending up in Slovenia.

My question - seem to be having great difficulty trying to leave slovenia. The connections dont seem to work very well. We can fly back to prague easily enough, but would really prefer just to be able to fly back to vancouver from there.

Any ideas or comments. Anyone had any experience with trying to leave to slovenia by train or flight to get home without having to wait for hours or next day.

Thanks folks.
I did not understand what you meant in your PM at first
Probably just not a popular destination to get in and out of North America. You have to consider that the major airlines want to get as many of their planes as full as possible and also have to pay airports for having permission to get in and out of airports. Generally speaking travellers from North America want to go to major business and tourist destinations

i.e London, Paris, Munich, Beijing, Hong Kong etc.

It's probably fundamentally a supply and demand issue....................
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
I did not understand what you meant in your PM at first
Probably just not a popular destination to get in and out of North America. You have to consider that the major airlines want to get as many of their planes as full as possible and also have to pay airports for having permission to get in and out of airports. Generally speaking travellers from North America want to go to major business and tourist destinations

i.e London, Paris, Munich, Beijing, Hong Kong etc.

It's probably fundamentally a supply and demand issue....................

Thanks tom. I got that impression when looking for direct flights. When I pmd you I had read that the flights from bled and klagenfurt to major cities in europe are hit and miss to say the least, and that's what I was asking you, since you have travelled all over the world.

Im confused, but everything will work out im sure.

Thanks again tom for your help.

Last edited by willmore; Oct 24th 2006 at 9:18 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wow 38 views and not one person living in europe could be bothered to answer my question.

You folks have been SO helpful. Thanks for all your help, Im ever so grateful!
Old Oct 25th 2006, 2:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Wow 38 views and not one person living in europe could be bothered to answer my question.

You folks have been SO helpful. Thanks for all your help, Im ever so grateful!

Just had a whizz around Ryanair but couldn't find what I was looking for. A mate went to Slovenia for a long weekend a couple of years ago, flew with Ryanair to somewhere in another country just over the border from Lake Bled. I was just looking on the website to see if the name jumped out at me, but it didnt. Sorry. Guess i cant help either. Have you tried google but maybe in a different language to try to find airlines from other countries? eg there are often really cheap package flights run by German and French operators. Good luck!

Last edited by Ozzidoc; Oct 25th 2006 at 2:50 am.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 2:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Hang on a mo.

Save me, save me...Im slipping......gone!
Old Oct 25th 2006, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Save me, save me...Im slipping......gone!

See above! I've edited the post
Old Oct 25th 2006, 2:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Just had a whizz around Ryanair but couldn't find what I was looking for. A mate went to Slovenia for a long weekend a couple of years ago, flew with Ryanair to somewhere in another country just over the border from Lake Bled. I was just looking on the website to see if the name jumped out at me, but it didnt. Sorry. Guess i cant help either. Have you tried google but maybe in a different language to try to find airlines from other countries? eg there are often really cheap package flights run by German and French operators. Good luck!

Sounds like Klagenfurt - which is a possibiity. Thanks for your help hon. Every suggestion is helpful. Just doing that now, just hoping that there was any easy answer......

That comment was not directed at you at all.

Last edited by willmore; Oct 25th 2006 at 2:59 am.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sounds like Klagenfurt - which is a possibiity. Thanks for your help hon. Every suggestion is helpful. Just doing that now, just hoping that there was any easy answer......

That comment was not directed at you at all.

No worries - I knew that

Yeah, I thought that it was Klagenfurt too, but wasnt 100% sure.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

carluk is an unknown quantity at this point

Use www.innovata-llc.com

It will show all your possible connections.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by carluk
Use www.innovata-llc.com

It will show all your possible connections.

Thank you. The website is very helpful.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Thank you. The website is very helpful.
Venice is not too far, lots of connections from there
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
Venice is not too far, lots of connections from there

Thanks everyone for your help.

Final travel arrangements have been made. I appreciate everyones' help.

Happy travels.