Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Getting the F out of the UK

Getting the F out of the UK

Old Jan 17th 2013, 1:54 am
  #46  
BE Irregular
 
RICH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Tampa Bay Florida
Posts: 4,141
RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting the F out of the UK

Originally Posted by nestflyer View Post
Cheers for the idea but actually the opposite is true.
Gun Violence Epidemic in Latin America, Despite Strict Rules in Some Countries
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...ome-countries/

It's simply a myth that gun "control" works or in fact has any real effect except to disarm victims. The fact that it doesn't actually work is one of the main reasons why I stopped believing in it. If you're curious I could PM you info on the topic. If not no worries. I bet you are right about the Horticultural industry over there having opportunities because so many Gardeners have left. I've even seen Mexican gardening crews over here in London. Ironic huh?
The opposite of what?
RICH is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2013, 3:56 am
  #47  
 
Sugarmooma's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 18,877
Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting the F out of the UK

Originally Posted by RICH View Post
The opposite of what?
All the guns are in the US and all the gardeners are in Mexico Next week they will trade places again...
Sugarmooma is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:34 am
  #48  
Prisoner of Her Majesty
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 92,797
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting the F out of the UK

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
All the guns are in the US and all the gardeners are in Mexico Next week they will trade places again...
So if there are rabbits loose in the gardens can the gardeners nip over the border and borrow the guns to shoot them with?
Pollyana is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:11 am
  #49  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 26
nestflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting the F out of the UK

Originally Posted by RICH View Post
The opposite of what?
"They allow guns". Mexico has some of the strictest laws in the world. The exact opposite of your statement.
nestflyer is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:01 pm
  #50  
 
Sugarmooma's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 18,877
Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting the F out of the UK

Originally Posted by nestflyer View Post
"They allow guns". Mexico has some of the strictest laws in the world. The exact opposite of your statement.


There are laws and there are laws that are not upheld...guess which one applies
Sugarmooma is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:10 pm
  #51  
 
Sugarmooma's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 18,877
Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting the F out of the UK

Originally Posted by Pollyana View Post
So if there are rabbits loose in the gardens can the gardeners nip over the border and borrow the guns to shoot them with?
Big guns needed....Getting the F out of the UK-52%2520jack%2520rabbit%2520cattle%2520punch%2520el%2520paso%2520pc.jpg
Sugarmooma is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2013, 1:52 pm
  #52  
Senior Moment
 
Mitzyboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: On the edge
Posts: 20,462
Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting the F out of the UK

I think what needs to be learned here is that as usual so many people have so many different points of view, and to take offence on a forum because initially some people disagree with your particular point of view will only serve to cause more and more grief



Forums are where all people can express their opinions and not be surprised, offended or attack when others disagree with them


Now ....... back to topic :-)
Mitzyboy is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2013, 2:30 pm
  #53  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 26
nestflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting the F out of the UK

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post


There are laws and there are laws that are not upheld...guess which one applies
So I'm going to go across half way across the world so I can own illegal guns. Which I would have to obtain by contacting criminals. Something which I could do more easily in this country than Mexico, seeing as I already live here and speak the language. You people who think the law has stopped or reduced the illegal use and possession of guns in the UK or anywhere else make laugh. All the laws have done is teach people that being defenseless is some kind of virtue. And has led to no effect on gun enabled homicides in the UK. As well as empowering criminals.

Why don't tell these women about how gun "control" has worked so well in the UK? And how the guns that were used to control them while they were being raped. Should have been supposedly unavailable to their attackers.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...unpoint-421775

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-prison.html

To be honest I didn't come here to discuss this so let's just agree to disagree.

Last edited by nestflyer; Jan 17th 2013 at 2:41 pm.
nestflyer is offline  
Old Jan 17th 2013, 2:39 pm
  #54  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 26
nestflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting the F out of the UK

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy View Post
I think what needs to be learned here is that as usual so many people have so many different points of view, and to take offence on a forum because initially some people disagree with your particular point of view will only serve to cause more and more grief



Forums are where all people can express their opinions and not be surprised, offended or attack when others disagree with them


Now ....... back to topic :-)
I don't take offence because people disagree. It's people who post nothing but piss takes, patronizing comments or pure insults that are the problem. But indeed, back to topic.
nestflyer is offline  
Old Jan 18th 2013, 12:46 am
  #55  
 
Sugarmooma's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 18,877
Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting the F out of the UK

Originally Posted by nestflyer View Post
So I'm going to go across half way across the world so I can own illegal guns. Which I would have to obtain by contacting criminals. Something which I could do more easily in this country than Mexico, seeing as I already live here and speak the language. You people who think the law has stopped or reduced the illegal use and possession of guns in the UK or anywhere else make laugh. All the laws have done is teach people that being defenseless is some kind of virtue. And has led to no effect on gun enabled homicides in the UK. As well as empowering criminals.

Why don't tell these women about how gun "control" has worked so well in the UK? And how the guns that were used to control them while they were being raped. Should have been supposedly unavailable to their attackers.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...unpoint-421775

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-prison.html

To be honest I didn't come here to discuss this so let's just agree to disagree.
To be honest you have lost me?????

All I said was the gun laws in Mexico obviously don't work, you may think they are strict but I don't see how. And I believe I am a little closer to the border than you...
Sugarmooma is offline  
Old Jan 18th 2013, 8:53 am
  #56  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 26
nestflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting the F out of the UK

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
To be honest you have lost me?????

All I said was the gun laws in Mexico obviously don't work, you may think they are strict but I don't see how. And I believe I am a little closer to the border than you...
Sorry, I'm accustomed to being to attacked because of my views on this topic. Apologies for the over reaction. However the point that gun laws don't work over there is moot. They don't work here and so I could still obtain an illegal firearm if I so wished. This isn't about just owning guns. I'd like to live somewhere where my hobby does not make me a social pariah because of irrational fears. And where I'm not criminalized for being prepared to defend my home, family and property. Mexico, does not fit that basic criterion.
nestflyer is offline  
Old Jan 18th 2013, 6:53 pm
  #57  
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: In the middle of 10million Olive Trees
Posts: 12,054
Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting the F out of the UK

Originally Posted by nestflyer View Post
Sorry, I'm accustomed to being to attacked because of my views on this topic. Apologies for the over reaction. However the point that gun laws don't work over there is moot. They don't work here and so I could still obtain an illegal firearm if I so wished. This isn't about just owning guns. I'd like to live somewhere where my hobby does not make me a social pariah because of irrational fears. And where I'm not criminalized for being prepared to defend my home, family and property. Mexico, does not fit that basic criterion.

gun laws brought in as a knee jerk reaction to Hungerford (which received a weak legal response) and Dunblane ( which tried to shut the door after the horse had bolted) have effectively been proven to be useless - other than to stop those who legally held guns and those who used shooting as a recreation (which I used to enjoy).
They have not stopped those who couldn't give a S*** about the law, guns seem to come in every day, mafia groups from Russia and SovBloc countries as well as feral gangs seem to use them on a daily basic. All it has done is to reduce the likelihood of the ordinary man on the street or in his home having one.

Domino is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2013, 2:24 pm
  #58  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Devon- via Liverpool - Now Shawnigan Lake Bc
Posts: 501
luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Getting the F out of the UK

Originally Posted by Novocastrian View Post
What's to respect? You are either a troll or just nuts.
Or - a Nutty Troll, sounds like a biscuit!

My OH had guns back home, shotguns, air rifles etc. but he only used them for sport/ pest control. Sounds like this Numpty wants to use them on humans!! can you say CRAZY!
luvmeboys is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2013, 2:26 pm
  #59  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Devon- via Liverpool - Now Shawnigan Lake Bc
Posts: 501
luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Getting the F out of the UK

Originally Posted by nestflyer View Post
You prove exactly my point about the brit mindset. Because I hold a different opinion to the norm or you, I am "nuts". The fact you think you can insult me in that way shows what kind of person you are, simple as that. I do not have to explain myself to you. I've done deep research into the issue guns in private hands and the effects of socialism. I'm not going to turn this into a debate about guns etc.

If you insult me again you only prove what a coward you are by doing it safe and sound far away behind your computer.

Or we could always meet up and discuss how I'm "nuts" in person.
Ye Gads Sir - pistols at dawn!

Grow some man!!
luvmeboys is offline  
Old Jan 19th 2013, 2:40 pm
  #60  
limey party pooper
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,340
bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting the F out of the UK

Am loving this thread. So all we need to do is find a nice right wing country with easy immigration rules, where people are 'free', can own guns without good reason, and where there is a shortage of Gandhi inspired gardeners.
bats is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.