Reload this Page >

furniture shall I take or leave

furniture shall I take or leave

Old Sep 24th 2004, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Nett is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking furniture shall I take or leave

I really don't know what to do?
Should I sell my remaining furniture or should I buy while in Spain?
Does anyone know the place I am buying does has some but???????
Old Sep 24th 2004, 8:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: furniture shall I take or leave

Originally Posted by Nett
Leave it and buy new if you need it, you dont wanner lug it here then it wont fit in with Spanish houses..
Old Sep 24th 2004, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
Leave it and buy new if you need it, you dont wanner lug it here then it wont fit in with Spanish houses..
How do prices fair in Spain for furniture?
Old Sep 24th 2004, 8:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

How do prices fair in Spain for furniture?
Haven`t bought a lot, but what we have has been similer to UK.

There is cheap and dear stuff, depends what you like.

Some ads for furnish 3 bed apartment 4000€ in paper.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
Haven`t bought a lot, but what we have has been similer to UK.

There is cheap and dear stuff, depends what you like.

Some ads for furnish 3 bed apartment 4000€ in paper.
thanks so much
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nett
You have already had my reply, but here, it is somewhat different to Benalmadena, very nice furniture in "our" town but also very expensive, but they do deliver free, did mean to tell you that earlier and this means all sort of delivery's, tiles etc.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 8:09 am
Very Old Member!

ScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud of

Prices generally much the same as UK. The Spanish prefer darker furuiture in their properties but it's all available here, plus a large second hand market in the more 'popular' areas.

Where are you moving to? There's a large Ikea just opened by Savilla which is being raided daily by people furnishing rental property (they'll all look the same soon )

Don't forget properties here are generally smaller than UK so don't bring too much. Spanish beds are smaller than UK, but you can now get the larger ones in better shops.

Good luck with the move,

Jock
Old Sep 25th 2004, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ScotinSpain
Prices generally much the same as UK. The Spanish prefer darker furuiture in their properties but it's all available here, plus a large second hand market in the more 'popular' areas.

Where are you moving to? There's a large Ikea just opened by Savilla which is being raided daily by people furnishing rental property (they'll all look the same soon )

Don't forget properties here are generally smaller than UK so don't bring too much. Spanish beds are smaller than UK, but you can now get the larger ones in better shops.

Good luck with the move,

Jock
Right, thanks for that.. I will definately bring my bed with me as I am 5ft 9 and my husband is 5'11.
Old Sep 25th 2004, 1:18 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

It defo seem to vary according to the area. Where I lived it was cheap bamboo holiday home style furniture or really really expensive stuff with not much inbetween. I didn't really bring much with me so I had to fork out loads to redo my home there. I ended up buying a bed which was possessed by some sort of evil demons who would torture my back every night.

The Spanish seem to love really glitzy furnishings, so be prepared to wade through aisles and aisles of gold embossed everything and more than a few chandeliers.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sibsie
It defo seem to vary according to the area. Where I lived it was cheap bamboo holiday home style furniture or really really expensive stuff with not much inbetween. I didn't really bring much with me so I had to fork out loads to redo my home there. I ended up buying a bed which was possessed by some sort of evil demons who would torture my back every night.

The Spanish seem to love really glitzy furnishings, so be prepared to wade through aisles and aisles of gold embossed everything and more than a few chandeliers.

thanks....!!!!!!!!!!!!!no comment at this time