Reload this Page >

flying cockroaches in Paris?!?

flying cockroaches in Paris?!?

Old Aug 19th 2003, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

ckt21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question flying cockroaches in Paris?!?

Hi everyone!

It's a grisly topic, and not exactly something I feel comfortable bringing up amongst friends or acquaintances here. I'd ask the guardienne, but she's on vacation!

We've never had roaches here, and I swear the dead one I found has wings! (Although it's really hard to stare at it for too long.)

Does anyone know if flying cockroaches exist in France? I was thinking that maybe with the extraordinary heat they might have come north...

Can anyone put my mind at ease?

Thanks!
Old Aug 19th 2003, 5:20 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: flying cockroaches in Paris?!?

There are many "repulsive insects" in France!
Old Sep 9th 2003, 9:07 am
Just Joined

eban is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if flying cockroaches exist in France?

Cockroaches are always flying bugs, anywhere. However, they tend to not fly much.
Old Sep 9th 2003, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by cricket
Hi everyone!

It's a grisly topic, and not exactly something I feel comfortable bringing up amongst friends or acquaintances here. I'd ask the guardienne, but she's on vacation!

We've never had roaches here, and I swear the dead one I found has wings! (Although it's really hard to stare at it for too long.)

Does anyone know if flying cockroaches exist in France? I was thinking that maybe with the extraordinary heat they might have come north...

Can anyone put my mind at ease?

Thanks!
I was in France last month and I never saw any, you sure you are not making this up
Old Oct 5th 2003, 2:07 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah i saw one in st tropez about fifteen years ago, so i reckon it is dead by now, so i cant prove it
Old Oct 9th 2003, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Molly m is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to put your mind at rest - yup - there are flying cockroaches in Paris - we had them too!!! Whatever you do don't squash them or you just get millions of them. You have to buy these boxes with sticky stuff in that they get stuck to - all rather cruel but hey - they're cockroaches - it's a them and us situation!!!
Old Oct 10th 2003, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Jezza is an unknown quantity at this point

Used to have them too when I was in Paris and I was attached by a high speed one once in Kuala Lumpur when it rebounded off a ceiling fan at an embassy doo.

Best bet is to close the windows, fill the place with Shelltox (or other non-environment stuff) and go for a drink somehwere for a while (see the link thing on pubs).

PS - cats like chasing them and it saves lots on cat food!
Old Nov 5th 2003, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

ckt21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everybody!

I thought I was nuts--I'd only ever heard of them existing in exotic locales like Madagascar or the Deep South in the States. I haven't seen any since it got cooler and we've had the doors and windows closed most of the time.

We don't have any kitties yet (soon!) but I'm sure they would just love them! Yuck. No more kisses for you guys!