Reload this Page >

Floating journalists and telecommuters

Floating journalists and telecommuters

Old Jun 18th 2006, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

memory is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Floating journalists and telecommuters

Okay, here's a longshot.

I'm a freelance journalist living in Cornwall and working full-time for a London-based company.

The problem is I get itchy feet. The solution is I can take my job anywhere: as long as there's broadband available and the timezone isn't outrageously different from the UK.

I lived in South of France for a winter a couple of years ago, and in a year or so I'm going to go abroad again, maybe Europe again.

Some questions:

Where should I go?

Even better, are there any of you doing this kind of thing already prepared to chat for a while about where you're doing it? The logistics etc

Can anyone tell me about the expat or telecommuting community in
Prague? (Put me in touch, basically)

One last thing. Any struggling novelists out there? It's a big part of my life (struggling and novelisting) and I'd be happy to chat.

This is all a bit vague and I'm not going for a while. But I just want to get a few ideas in my head and maybe even meet like-minded types with similar work situations.

Anything you have to say on the subject is welcome (and yes I know for a journalist this is one vague and hazy set of questions!)

regards

M