Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

flights from US to UK

flights from US to UK

Old Jul 19th 2002, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

smartiegirl88 is on a distinguished road
Default flights from US to UK

Does anyone know where I can find the cheapest flights from Atlanta or NYC to Manchester/ London? I want to go back to UK to visit my family and friends in Sept and have been scouring the net for deals- I would appreciate all suggestions

Thanks
Old Jul 19th 2002, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

Ptarmigan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: flights from US to UK

Delta do a direct flight from Atlanta to Manchester, I have used it and booked through expedia, I found it pretty cheap
Old Jul 19th 2002, 3:20 am
Me

"smartiegirl88" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Does anyone know where I can find the cheapest flights from Atlanta or NYC to
    > Manchester/ London? I want to go back to UK to visit my family and friends in Sept
    > and have been scouring the net for deals- I would appreciate all suggestions

Check the archives for the rec.travel.air group at http://groups.google.com

Old Jul 19th 2002, 8:20 am
David Lewis

In article <[email protected]>, smartiegirl88
<[email protected]> writes
    >Does anyone know where I can find the cheapest flights from Atlanta or NYC to
    >Manchester/ London? I want to go back to UK to visit my family and friends in Sept
    >and have been scouring the net for deals- I would appreciate all suggestions
    >
    >Thanks

Continental fly directly from Newark to Manchester, over night, every day.

Marie
--
Marie

Old Jul 19th 2002, 9:20 am
Adrian Smith

Hi there:

What are your travel dates??

> Manchester/ London? I want to go back to UK to visit my family and friends in Sept
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >
    >
    > --

Old Jul 19th 2002, 10:20 am
Miss L.Toe

>
    > Thanks
    >

If you can take the risk of not getting a seat vs potentially a good price, You may
want to leave booking until late. My guess is that not many US citizens will want to
fly on or around Sept 11th 2002, and you may get some good late deals.

But obviously prices (like planes) may go up as well as down

Old Jul 19th 2002, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

smartiegirl88 is on a distinguished road

Our flight dates are Sep 6th and coming back Sep 23rd. We are thinking of getting a ticket from Chs to Man via Atlanta on Delta,but thought we would shop around first. Is it better to get a ticket now or wait a while?
Old Jul 19th 2002, 5:22 pm
Philip George

In article <[email protected]>, Miss L.Toe
<[email protected]> wrote:
    >"smartiegirl88" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Does anyone know where I can find the cheapest flights from Atlanta or NYC to
    >> Manchester/ London? I want to go back to UK to visit my family and friends in Sept
    >> and have been scouring the net for deals- I would appreciate all suggestions

Kuwait Airways are doing a 142GBP return fare from JFK to LHR. The next dearest is
Air India (currently from 209GBP). The big players (BA/Virgin etc) are currently
offering round-trip fares from 235GBP.

Pakistan Airlines do the cheapest (148GBP) return fare from JFK to MAN. BA etc do it
do 235GBP again.

phil

Old Jul 19th 2002, 5:22 pm
David Horne

Philip George <[email protected]> wrote:

> Kuwait Airways are doing a 142GBP return fare from JFK to LHR. The next dearest is
    > Air India (currently from 209GBP). The big players (BA/Virgin etc) are currently
    > offering round-trip fares from 235GBP.
    >
    > Pakistan Airlines do the cheapest (148GBP) return fare from JFK to MAN. BA etc do
    > it do 235GBP again.

What websites do you use do get the fares on the likes of PIA and Kuwait Airways?
I've used expedia, travelocity etc., but they seem to only feature deals on European
and US airlines on transatlantic routes.

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.co.uk Composer in Association- RLPO david (at) davidhorne
(dot) co (dot) uk

Old Jul 19th 2002, 6:20 pm
Mike Quint

I went to www.der.com found a cheap flight then to my local T/A and told them.
Only a T/A can book a flight for you with them. I ended up with a CO flight Newark
to London.

Mike Quint

Old Jul 19th 2002, 8:20 pm
Rita

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 17:27:53 +0100, [email protected] (David Horne) wrote:

>What websites do you use do get the fares on the likes of PIA and Kuwait Airways?
    >I've used expedia, travelocity etc., but they seem to only feature deals on European
    >and US airlines on transatlantic routes.
    >
Oribitz offers a subsidiary called Hotfares or something like that where you lock in
the dates but until you purchase your ticket you are not told what airline you will
travel on. I don't know if you can use it from the UK. They list the airlines they
use, and so although you do not have a choice, you can see what you might get. I
think it is wise to assume the lowest fares would be those of airlines other than
American, United, and the biggies. You have to purchase your ticket within an hour --
and no refunds of any kind.

Old Jul 20th 2002, 9:20 pm
Michael Brennan

Wait until September for the shoulder season deals. Sometimes BA will announce good
sales in August for September, but the "free European city" type fares dont normally
get announced until September 1. September is the low season, so methinks you will
not have problems if flying between gateway cities (LON, ATL, NYC).

--mikeb

In article <[email protected]>, Miss L.Toe
<[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >"smartiegirl88" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Does anyone know where I can find the cheapest flights from Atlanta or NYC to
    >> Manchester/ London? I want to go back to UK to visit my family and friends in Sept
    >> and have been scouring the net for deals- I would appreciate all suggestions
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >
    >If you can take the risk of not getting a seat vs potentially a good price, You may
    >want to leave booking until late. My guess is that not many US citizens will want to
    >fly on or around Sept 11th 2002, and you may get some good late deals.
    >
    >But obviously prices (like planes) may go up as well as down
    >

Old Jul 21st 2002, 10:22 am
Ron Clarey

I agree with the comments below. The school holidays are from late July to early
September and the price of all travel, hotels etc rocket during this period I would
check for dares towards the end of Sept. for a deal.

In message <[email protected]>, Michael Brennan
<[email protected]> writes
    >Wait until September for the shoulder season deals. Sometimes BA will announce good
    >sales in August for September, but the "free European city" type fares dont normally
    >get announced until September 1. September is the low season, so methinks you will
    >not have problems if flying between gateway cities (LON, ATL, NYC).
    >
    >
    >--mikeb
    >
    >In article <[email protected]>, Miss L.Toe
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>"smartiegirl88" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...
    >>> Does anyone know where I can find the cheapest flights from Atlanta or NYC to
    >>> Manchester/ London? I want to go back to UK to visit my family and friends in
    >>> Sept and have been scouring the net for deals- I would appreciate all
    >>> suggestions
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>
    >>If you can take the risk of not getting a seat vs potentially a good price, You may
    >>want to leave booking until late. My guess is that not many US citizens will want
    >>to fly on or around Sept 11th 2002, and you may get some good late deals.
    >>
    >>But obviously prices (like planes) may go up as well as down
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >
    >

--
Ron Clarey Translaters.net HTTP://www.translaters.net