Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Fight for UK benefit rights - DLA/CA/AA

Fight for UK benefit rights - DLA/CA/AA

Old Nov 22nd 2010, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

moving shortly is just really nicemoving shortly is just really nicemoving shortly is just really nicemoving shortly is just really nicemoving shortly is just really nicemoving shortly is just really nicemoving shortly is just really nicemoving shortly is just really nicemoving shortly is just really nice
Default Re: Fight for UK benefit rights - DLA/CA/AA

OK Rakker now understood. Carers Allowance is not DLA Carers as you have said, DLA there are 2 components the Care and the Mobility. Carers Allowance is a separate benefit which is claimable to a person who is under pension age the person they are claiming for is in receipt of DLA Care component Middle or High Rate. The person caring Carers should also earn less than 100.00 UK pounds per week. What you were talking about was the Care Component of DLA which if your friend is in receipt of SRP the Care Component of DLA is able to be claimed providing they receive DLA mid/high rate.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 8:05 am
Just Joined

rakker is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Moving Shortly
I think i no what you mean my friend was getting the higher rate of mobility and the low care allowance ,but now they have give her the high rate of care allowance she has been on them since 1993,and as shes got older her health has got worse. just hope others manage to get these sorted out my friend waited 7mths before it got sorted,but i thing its wrong of them to take the pensions away from people but 5yrs is long way off and alot can happen,hopeful for the good
Rakker
Old Mar 10th 2011, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Caroline Hamburger is an unknown quantity at this point

Where has everyone gone? Let's get the mobility component!! Check out

http://www.osscsc.gov.uk/Aspx/view.aspx?id=2806

Our friend Upper Tribunal Judge John Mesher has a 'Reference' at the ECJ which will help us get what we are owed. Write to your M.P.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

rakker is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Fight for UK benefit rights - DLA/CA/AA

Does that mean you can get your mobility componet in the EU now
rakker
Old Mar 11th 2011, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Read the download, write to your MP and ask him how long the ECJ is going to take to respond to Judge Mesher's 'Referenve@
Old Mar 20th 2011, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Below is a copy of an email I received last week from Roger Gale M.P., and he has given me permission to post it on this site. If you have not been in touch with him before he needs all your details include the name of your M.P. and N.I.#

Exportable Benefits

Once again, my apologies to those with no further interest in the exportable benefits/DLA/Attendance Allowance/Carer`s Allowance issue: please ignore this communication.

In order to bring my records up to date and to allow me to separate out those with a specific and continuing interest (which will enable me to avoid cluttering up other people`s mailboxes with irrelevant communications) I would be grateful if all of those who are still seeking to claim

1. Current benefits
2. 2. The backdating of benefits or
3. 3. who still have appeals to Tribunal pending or awaiting hearing dates

would be good enough to let me know.

While many have informed me that benefits have been reinstated and paid or that, sadly, claimants are no longer with us, I believe that there are other cases where the status is unclear (particularly where the relevant member of parliament has quite correctly taken over the management of the case).

It would help a great deal to get some sense of the scale of the remaining problem before the Welfare Bill completes its stages through parliament as the latter may have an impact upon benefits.

Many thanks
Roger

Thanks for your help.

If you have a legitimate claim it is imperative that you get in touch with him AND your own M.P.

A Dios,
Bolivar.