Reload this Page >

Family moving to Sicily HELP!

Family moving to Sicily HELP!

Old Nov 23rd 2016, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Jonno111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family moving to Sicily HELP!

Hi,

my husbands work is likely to move us all to Augusta, Sicily soon and we've not been given any information and aren't likely to be given much notice!

I'm a little apprehensive as my eldest daughter is 4 and due to start school in September-does anybody here have kids in a British school over there? Any advice is welcome!

Are the locals friendly? Is there any kind of expat community?

Thank you for your help!
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 12:38 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family moving to Sicily HELP!

Originally Posted by Jonno111
Hi,

my husbands work is likely to move us all to Augusta, Sicily soon and we've not been given any information and aren't likely to be given much notice!

I'm a little apprehensive as my eldest daughter is 4 and due to start school in September-does anybody here have kids in a British school over there? Any advice is welcome!

Are the locals friendly? Is there any kind of expat community?

Thank you for your help!
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
Post again in the Italy forum above where there are members in Sicily. Is it a short-term or long-term relocation? Whatever, IMO your 4-year-old would benefit from going to a local Italian school, picking up the language in no time and making friends. At the same time she could make friends with any expat children that you meet.
No need to be apprehensive on her behalf!
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Jonno111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Family moving to Sicily HELP!

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

We're likely to be there for a couple of years and I think his company may pay for the schooling if we decide to go private but I don't know what's around? I will repost tomorrow in the other forum too-thanks for that, didn't realise there were different ones ha ha! This is all a bit new to me!

Did you relocate with children?

Thanks again for replying!!
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 9:13 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family moving to Sicily HELP!

Originally Posted by Jonno111
Hi,

Did you relocate with children?
!
No, I moved to France when I was single, I married a Frenchman and had my two in France!
But from what I read on the various forums, a 6-year-old won't suffer education-wise on returning to the UK. It's older children who might suffer from the upheaval of changing education systems within a short period of time, and they might be better in an International School while in Europe.
All the best!