British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Europe (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/)
-   -   EUR/GBP (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/eur-gbp-790442/)

SloJohn Mar 29th 2013 9:03 pm

Re: EUR/GBP

Looks like Slovenia has until June. Better check down the back of the old Chesterfield!!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100602919

booboo24 Mar 30th 2013 2:28 pm

Resistance is Fertile, Grow a Revolution: Plant your own Food :cool:

Mike and Janet Mar 30th 2013 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by booboo24 (Post 10632214)
Resistance is Fertile, Grow a Revolution: Plant your own Food :cool:

:thumbsup:

M AND G Mar 30th 2013 3:29 pm

Slojo - lets not talk chesterfields..... my 30 year old Wade leather one went out via the front window this summer. John it was like an old and well loved friend with fond , fond memories. I did not dare to look down the innards. A bit of old England no more.
Now I see retro distressed is all the rage in Elle Decoration and interior design mags.
I seem to be on the wrong page at the wrong time in so many things.
Still even though KG has a great amount of snow it will close on the 1st April but in the past we have been a week later or so and it has been open. So much for the marketing customer focused management team, stay open !!!??
Or am I in the wrong chapter.. ?
M

Ray51 Mar 31st 2013 7:27 am

I remember : how pleased AND proud our common-or-garden variety SLOvenes were , some short years ago , that they too would be "privileged" to join the EUro-currency club ;
who's crying now ( obviously : NOT the 4th Reich Krauts ! ) ???

M AND G Mar 31st 2013 12:56 pm

I was there at the time . They sold it like..... "We can be like Ireland ".
Unfortunately they are. The idea was they would benefit in the way that Ireland did (if I may be so bold BooBoo) in those heady days of money sloshing about and no control. The controls dont seem to have got any better but now there is no money - Mrs M has got it all. Its like an EU Euro Monopoly Set and there is only one winner in the long drawn out end......as with Monopoly you wonder why you played it for days. Still it is better than Risk??
The strange thing with SLO that most people after the going in vote said they did not vote for it ! Hey thats capitalist communism for you.
Happy Easter everyone. M & G

Ray51 Mar 31st 2013 2:08 pm

Hi , guyz & Galz ,
all this is , in anycase : 101% symptomathic of usual Balkans behaviour !
Like in my native CROatia ,
there is at anytime anytype of Collective Amnesia ;
what : Hitler , Mussolini , Ante Pavelich , Ustashe , Domobrani , Balkan wars , raping Nice polite well-behaved Bosnian Muslim women , married or virgins , in huuuge groups , enjoying & observing and perpetuating the Crimes against Humanity : only 20 yrz ago.
NOONE Remembers such Ugggly stuff today , in fact : they negate it and are murderously happy to argue that nonesuch existed/happenned + if U don't agree , what's wrong w. having U beaten up , or killed ?
War Games ? Me : don't think so ! ( And I was born : one of them ! but know much better nowadays ! ).
Eeeverything is " NOT their fault " ( especially IF/when ze Krauts pay ze bills... )

booboo24 Mar 31st 2013 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by M AND G (Post 10633306)
I was there at the time . They sold it like..... "We can be like Ireland ".
Unfortunately they are. The idea was they would benefit in the way that Ireland did (if I may be so bold BooBoo) in those heady days of money sloshing about and no control. The controls dont seem to have got any better but now there is no money

Go ahead.. I agree... and protested quite loudly at the time but was abruptly told to shut on more than one occasion... so I did :) I smile but even now I still find it quite tragic and unbelievable at times.

And a Happy Easter to one and all!

SloJohn Apr 2nd 2013 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by M AND G (Post 10632279)
Slojo - lets not talk chesterfields..... my 30 year old Wade leather one went out via the front window this summer. John it was like an old and well loved friend with fond , fond memories. I did not dare to look down the innards. A bit of old England no more.
Now I see retro distressed is all the rage in Elle Decoration and interior design mags.
I seem to be on the wrong page at the wrong time in so many things.
Still even though KG has a great amount of snow it will close on the 1st April but in the past we have been a week later or so and it has been open. So much for the marketing customer focused management team, stay open !!!??
Or am I in the wrong chapter.. ?
M

Our Chesterfield went during the last downturn. A farmer bought it! He took it away in the back of a horse box. Just been looking at a new sofa for the "middle" room. Now registered as a religious establishment to avoid bedroom and council tax. Money no good in the bank so looking to buy a British built job to park ones derrière on.

Don't worry about KG closing M. Focus on the probability that Slovenia might be closing!!!!:ohmy:

Ray51 Apr 3rd 2013 6:53 am

Another paragraph in German conspiracy end-game to finally control the continent .
In the olden days Clausewitz stated ( roughly ) that war was only continuation of policy by other means ; the war appears obsolete now , so yet other means have been found , to eventually subjugate & control other nations and tribes...

SloJohn Apr 5th 2013 8:32 pm

Here is another article expanding on Slovenia's financial state.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100619442

Ray, so you believe in the Bilderberg theory?

booboo24 Apr 10th 2013 12:20 pm

And another

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...ailout-rumours

M AND G Apr 10th 2013 1:09 pm

John - Lets forget SLO being the next to benefit by a bailout...and talk sofas.
But as well as registering as a charity & religious gaff to save on costs, consider adding the car as a minicab or buy a 9 seater and avoid the £10 congestion charge.
Worried about you having nothing to sit on (bit like Cyprus with No Pot To.....in ). We have just used the EU to solve a problem but alas not English or British made..
Bought from a Scandinavian designed and owned business. The sofas are made in Poland (company structure owned both inside & outside of EU) and they are delivered (50% off retail naturally) and supplied with no VAT. The workings and complexities of this trading and political club are far too complex for this simple bloke to comprehend ? Carbon trading, offsetting and e bit currencies could be replaced by sofa trading - it makes just about as much sense to me..
The Chesterfield was of course probably made during our 'pink on the world map' era.
Stay upbeat and remember bullshit baffles brains - its always stood me in good stead - try it !!
M

SloJohn Apr 10th 2013 8:23 pm

Our application to have our dwelling house registered as a place of worship to circumvent the poll tax(May She rest in peace) is being investigated. I explained that the chimney is in place to show the smoke when we elect our leader. But back to Sofas... In the front room we have a Norwegian job in leather and wood. Just found the receipt from 2000 and must have been flush with cash in that year. Think the next one will be from a well know retailer that offers 99% off and 4 years to pay! According to 'er indoors I am full of bullshit.

M AND G Apr 10th 2013 10:03 pm

Sofas are getting like cars - its sort of leasing for the 4 years interest free and then carry on the contract by replacing with a new one at the end of the period as it has collapsed and gone thread bare.
Interesting but the only thing that I can get it to relate to with Sloland is that most sofas in Slo and Austria always had one corner corner return for you to put your feet on. That was never the case in Blighty until recently and in last weeks STimes there was a whole section on all these makes selling this in the UK as our market has moved to this European style. Not for me this comfy style. Brought up to sit up straight.
Where will this eu nonsense end... !!!