Default Do you know Marbella

I got a job offer and wanna a few things about the town
-Cost of accomidation,any idea what area to stay or not to stay
-any general tips

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 2nd 2004, 6:19 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Very expensive to rent, even worse to buy....
Compare it with Chelsea, best to live outside and bus in.
Not really a town, more like a mini city.
Dont commit yourself to anything, cos in Spain most jobs come and go at anytime....
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

good advice as always from mr jdr there

as he says really, expensive. check out estate agents websites, particuarly viva estates and interreality, they deal with alot of property there. also look at www.surinenglish.com and see the property to rent pages.

i would suggest looking at a map, looking for a rental in a town close by, and living there, then bussing in in the morning, it´ll work out alot cheaper
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 1:58 am
Just Joined

dtone is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the advise.I will probobly wait till i get there and to get an idea what the property are. I have acouple of questions about mobile and internet:
1)whats the best Pay as you go network and how much is the simcard?
2)mite get ADSL when im settled,any ideas on how much the cost are and what company

Thanks in advance

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

All work out very much the same. ADSL probably cheaper to go with Telephonica as all the other Telecoms rent their lines anyway and if you have any probs they usually send you back to telephonica anyway. Depending on speed youre looking at anything from 29 euros a month upwards 24/7. Some places you cant get ADSL so might be worth checking if you can get both a telephone line and ADSL and they are usually on a 12 month contract.

Originally posted by dtone
thanks for the advise.I will probobly wait till i get there and to get an idea what the property are. I have acouple of questions about mobile and internet:
2)mite get ADSL when im settled,any ideas on how much the cost are and what company

Thanks in advance

Old Mar 4th 2004, 2:45 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dtone

Thanks in advance

Not sure which pay as you go is cheapest, i know moviestar is dear, you need to be a moviestar to use it.
I really only use for receiving and texts.
You can pick up cheap sims at markets sometimes.

You will have to get telefonica line first then ADSL, i think the router and bits are free now, cost me about 250 € a while ago.
As mecedes said, line, ADSL 24/7, tax aprox 60 € per month.
There are lots of cheap call companies once you have your line, similar to UK.

Last edited by jdr; Mar 4th 2004 at 2:48 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2004, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

movistar chip - 27 euros, with 40 euro credit, 17 cents per txt to spain and 54 cents to the uk.

amena chip - 18 euros, with 25 euros credit, 15 cents txts to spain,and 48 cents txts to uk.

adsl, check www.terra.es/adsl - thats the isp telefonica uses...
Old Sep 17th 2004, 11:30 am
Just Joined

grisha is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Do you know Marbella

For the cheapest ADSL in Spain try Spain Internet at www.spain-internet.com , they have connections from: 128KB Home connections at 19,95 to 4MB Corporate connections at 64,95

Some offers are subject to geograpchical availability. You can see the full details and check availability online Spain Internet.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of
Default Re: Do you know Marbella

http://www.telefonicainenglish.com/

Has all the stuff IN ENGLISH ! including where ADSL is available.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 2:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by grisha
For the cheapest ADSL in Spain try Spain Internet at www.spain-internet.com , they have connections from: 128KB Home connections at 19,95 to 4MB Corporate connections at 64,95

Some offers are subject to geograpchical availability. You can see the full details and check availability online Spain Internet.

All your posts have been advertising..... your site ??
Naughty naughty.... you should only advertise your own services on marketplace

Last edited by jdr; Sep 19th 2004 at 2:17 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 2:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Nige
http://www.telefonicainenglish.com/

Has all the stuff IN ENGLISH ! including where ADSL is available.
The button you click to find out, times out or is a dead link.

Its a bit funny how ADSL is picked up, i am on it but my friend who lives a couple of hundred mts down the same phone line cant get it