British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Europe (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/)
-   -   Croatia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/croatia-803322/)

mrjonah Jul 18th 2013 9:28 pm

Croatia

Hi,
This may sound crazy but my Croatian wife has gone home to Croatia to set up with my Dual-national daughter. They went to try and register for medical treatment and were told they both need an E104 form. I think this is crazy as she is Croatian and needs a form from the NHS.
However it is what it is, i will be joining them later in the year. The E104 no longer appears on the Govt site and a few forums mention its been withdrawn.

Does anyone know what its replacement is? i thought moving there would be so much simpler once they were in the EU.

Thanks in advance for any help.
By the way this is my first post so be gentle if i have done it in the wrong place.

dmu Jul 19th 2013 6:25 am

Re: Croatia

Originally Posted by mrjonah (Post 10807310)
Hi,
This may sound crazy but my Croatian wife has gone home to Croatia to set up with my Dual-national daughter. They went to try and register for medical treatment and were told they both need an E104 form. I think this is crazy as she is Croatian and needs a form from the NHS.
However it is what it is, i will be joining them later in the year. The E104 no longer appears on the Govt site and a few forums mention its been withdrawn.

Does anyone know what its replacement is? i thought moving there would be so much simpler once they were in the EU.

Thanks in advance for any help.
By the way this is my first post so be gentle if i have done it in the wrong place.

Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
Can't help much, as I live in France, but as Croatia has only just entered the EU, the Administrations are probably still running-in!
If your wife hasn't paid into the Croatian Health System, then she wouldn't be automatically covered just because of her nationality. From what I read on the France forum, you get an "S1" form from the DWP (provided one of you has been paying into the NHS for long enough) which covers you for a certain time (2 years?) until you (and/or she) find a job.
If no one else can advise, contact Newcastle...
Good luck!:)

fidobsa Dec 25th 2013 5:38 pm

Did you join your wife in Croatia?

mrjonah Dec 26th 2013 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by fidobsa (Post 11051133)
Did you join your wife in Croatia?

Not yet. Setting up property in the UK for letting

fidobsa Dec 26th 2013 6:41 pm

Ah, good luck with that! My first tenants in Scotland only stayed for 6 months and were always finding fault with the house. It then stood empty for 9 months, by which time I was getting desperate for new tenants. I had reservations about the family I then let it to and I've since regretted taking them. The man was recently sent to prison for 2 years for assault.
I'm trying to find out more about life in Croatia but there's no point asking if you are not there yet!

mrjonah Dec 26th 2013 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by fidobsa (Post 11051801)
Ah, good luck with that! My first tenants in Scotland only stayed for 6 months and were always finding fault with the house. It then stood empty for 9 months, by which time I was getting desperate for new tenants. I had reservations about the family I then let it to and I've since regretted taking them. The man was recently sent to prison for 2 years for assault.
I'm trying to find out more about life in Croatia but there's no point asking if you are not there yet!

We are going with a letting agent for fully managed. They carry out all inspections for move in and move out. Plus every 2 months. Full advertise for new tenants and also security and background checks on all new tenants. We shall see if it works or not. They only accept employed people so no social housing allowed. Got to try I guess. They charge 8% of the rent. I am hoping to be settled by Easter. Fingers crossed.

Ray51 Jan 3rd 2014 3:54 pm

If anyone's interested , I happen to know more than I wish to , about CROatia/HRvatska AND I speak the lingo fluently and their many dialects AND can give you a local Brit, or 3 , who have been all living there in MUCH better days , 5 or 7 years ago .
You can p.m. , or ask BooBoo for my private e-address , I authorise her to give it to ya , herewith .
The trouble w. Croats , they were even more Stuuupid than Hungarians and SLovenians and Cypriots and others , to beg to join the corrupt , bureaucratic , expensive EU , from which they will DEFINITIVELY NOT derive any real benefits , nor those expected free zillions of Euros ( to bribe & steal , as usual ) nor any REAL improvements , which places like Switzerland or Norway easily achieve , whilst staying OUT of EUrozone .
Na Hrvatski : vidla zhaba da konja potkivaju , pa i ona digla nogu ! Sadly !

Mitzyboy Jan 6th 2014 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ray51 (Post 11061386)
If anyone's interested , I happen to know more than I wish to , about CROatia/HRvatska AND I speak the lingo fluently and their many dialects AND can give you a local Brit, or 3 , who have been all living there in MUCH better days , 5 or 7 years ago .
You can p.m. , or ask BooBoo for my private e-address , I authorise her to give it to ya , herewith .
The trouble w. Croats , they were even more Stuuupid than Hungarians and SLovenians and Cypriots and others , to beg to join the corrupt , bureaucratic , expensive EU , from which they will DEFINITIVELY NOT derive any real benefits , nor those expected free zillions of Euros ( to bribe & steal , as usual ) nor any REAL improvements , which places like Switzerland or Norway easily achieve , whilst staying OUT of EUrozone .
Na Hrvatski : vidla zhaba da konja potkivaju , pa i ona digla nogu ! Sadly !

Im sorry Ray, you seem to write off a whole race of people because of your bad experiences and thats really not a valid way of looking at things

mrjonah Jan 6th 2014 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 11065525)
Im sorry Ray, you seem to write off a whole race of people because of your bad experiences and thats really not a valid way of looking at things

Agreed

Ray51 Jan 6th 2014 6:50 pm

As if I hadn't spent more time/s there , than probably all of your forae participitans...

Mitzyboy Jan 6th 2014 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Ray51 (Post 11065923)
As if I hadn't spent more time/s there , than probably all of your forae participitans...

So you have met every single member of the population, and label them all the same then ......?