Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

crazy idea...live in Europe; Job in UK

crazy idea...live in Europe; Job in UK

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:37 pm
Knight Templar

tomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant future
Default Re: crazy idea...live in Europe; Job in UK

Originally Posted by graham barnett
Good for you , you seem to be one of the lucky ones, did you not see the one show on BBC tonight at 7pm, once again i say wake up and smell the coffe
gb, if I had your sunny disposition I'd probably be considering suicide.

I hope your depression and delusions of knowledge ease in the near future.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

graham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ausi dream
If you work for an airline, you get whats called travel concessions.
So you dont pay the full price.
And i dont think that you are being very supportive and helpful, which is what these sites are for.
If you want support buy a crutch, freedom of speech, i was actually talking about a friend who works for the airlines he gets discount on air fares but it is not the cost to his pocket but to his family. I find it very difficult to support something that i can see is affecting a good friend, now do you understand.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

If you want support buy a crutch, freedom of speech, i was actually talking about a friend who works for the airlines he gets discount on air fares but it is not the cost to his pocket but to his family. I find it very difficult to support something that i can see is affecting a good friend, now do you understand.
Yep! Apologies if i got it wrong.

You sound quite miffed :curse:, please dont take it the wrong way, i did kind of realise i might have got it wrong when it was posted, but was too late to delete.:embaressed_smile:
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

If you dont mind me asking, does your friend only get discount on the tickets for himself and not wife and children then.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

graham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to allgraham barnett is a name known to all

Yep! Apologies if i got it wrong.

You sound quite miffed :curse:, please dont take it the wrong way, i did kind of realise i might have got it wrong when it was posted, but was too late to delete.:embaressed_smile:
No props
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

If you dont mind me asking, does your friend only get discount on the tickets for himself and not wife and children then.
I think he gets allotted so many flights number not known, but i know he makes four flights a month. They went on holiday last year and the wife and kids had to fly to the UK to get flight so i presume they got a discount.
Old May 7th 2009, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

nm123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think he gets allotted so many flights number not known, but i know he makes four flights a month. They went on holiday last year and the wife and kids had to fly to the UK to get flight so i presume they got a discount.
Hi guys,

I relocate expats for a living. I know it seems the OP is now moving to Canada, but I thought I'd mention that if you are under an employment contract of one country, you should not be working in another (unless formally seconded or assigned, or just on a business visit).

You could create a taxable prescence for yourself and also run the risk of creating a PERMANENT ESTABLISHMENT of your UK- (or home-) based company which essentially means that the profits and revenues of that entity could also be subject to host country taxes. Something I would imagine your employer would absolutely freak out at.

So whilst "working from home" on your balcony in Spain/Bermuda/Timbuctoo might seem ok, it's probably not.

Sorry.