Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Covid Vaccination Certificate?

Covid Vaccination Certificate?

Old Sep 26th 2021, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

countrygirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Covid Vaccination Certificate?

I have moved back to the UK and had my two COVID vaccinations in the USA . I have the USA card showing I had the two Moderna vaccines and am wondering if anyone knows if the USA cards will suffice as proof of vaccination to travel from the UK to various parts of Europe, in particular Spain, France, and Italy. I have the NHS app but there is no way to get my vaccine history onto the app.
Old Sep 27th 2021, 6:56 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid Vaccination Certificate?

Originally Posted by countrygirl33
I have moved back to the UK and had my two COVID vaccinations in the USA . I have the USA card showing I had the two Moderna vaccines and am wondering if anyone knows if the USA cards will suffice as proof of vaccination to travel from the UK to various parts of Europe, in particular Spain, France, and Italy. I have the NHS app but there is no way to get my vaccine history onto the app.
Hi, take a look at this official French link
https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/co...-procedure-for
There's no specific provision for a UK citizen having been vaccinated in the USA, i.e. outside of "Europe", but, if you scroll down, there's a link to ask any questions not covered by the site.
A "QR Pass" is valid anywhere in the EU and other European countries "with agreements".
HTH
Old Oct 13th 2021, 10:37 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid Vaccination Certificate?

This is the official way to get a QR code for your US vaccination card: https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/ . I don't know if this is compatible with EU QR codes though, to be honest I don't think it is.

Secondly, in the UK, you can see your GP and get your US vaccination card added to your GP record but as you say this won't show in the NHS app. Useful for future vaccinations though (e.g. booster shots).

For Spain, it is pretty easy to get a QR code letting you in though the border. Go here: https://www.spth.gob.es/faq?tab=1 , make sure the "Complete your FCS form and get your QR Code" tab is selected, scroll down to "How do I enter my document/certificate certifying vaccination/diagnostic test/COVID-19 recovery in the Health Control Form and obtain the QR code?". It says:

If you do not have a EU Digital COVID Certificate, do not worry, in section 4. Health Questionnaire, of the form, you can enter the details of the supporting document (vaccination/test/COVID-19 recovery) that you have, and if everything is correct you will obtain a QR that will be identified as DOCUMENTARY CONTROL.
So depending on what France and Italy offer, that might help you decide on which country you fly to first and start your trip in, if e.g. you wanted to visit all three in one go.

Last edited by DLC; Oct 13th 2021 at 10:42 am.