British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Europe (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/)
-   -   Of course, Europe could benefit... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/course-europe-could-benefit-110330/)

Andreas Aug 9th 2002 8:39 am

Of course, Europe could benefit...
 
Of course, Europe could benefit from having free access to Russian markets. But it might be just a vain hope if the current EU leadership will not alter its strategy towards Russia. The “marriage� of Europe and Russia will take no chances if Moscow is kept treating like an inferior. Some restrictions on free movement of people and cargo from Kaliningrad to the rest of Russian territory, which EU is going to introduce, are likely to badly effect the EU member-states in the first instance. The whole idea of the united Europe is at danger. It may most negatively tell upon integration processes on the continent in general. Europeans will not be free in going to Russia and doing their business in that country.

Judith Aug 9th 2002 6:25 pm

Re: Of course, Europe could benefit...
 
"Andreas" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Of course, Europe could benefit from having free access to Russian markets.

I recommend you buy the tickets as needed at the stations.

Hamilton Aug 9th 2002 6:49 pm

Re: Of course, Europe could benefit...
 
In article <[email protected]>, "Judith"
<[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Andreas" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Of course, Europe could benefit from having free access to Russian markets.
    > I recommend you buy the tickets as needed at the stations.

and use an ATM instead of carrying traveler's checks

newstartnz Aug 9th 2002 7:14 pm

Re: Of course, Europe could benefit...
 

Originally posted by Andreas
Europeans will not be free in going to Russia and doing their business in that country.
Quite so - I knew Russia was a bit on the poor & dirty side but no need to treat it like a toilet

I. Wilson Gittleman Aug 11th 2002 8:39 am

Re: Of course, Europe could benefit...
 
Newstartnz: Have you seen the 'drinking water' in the great city of St.
P.?

There is no distinction between the toilet and its water and what comes out of
the faucet.

In such a metropolis as this? Inexcusable.







The palest ink is better than the best memory. --Chinese proverb There is no end
to collecting books. --Book of Ecclesiastes To three possessions shalt thou look:
Acquire a field, a friend, a book. --Samuel haNagid, Vizier to the King of Granada

Devil Aug 11th 2002 3:36 pm

Re: Of course, Europe could benefit...
 
I. Wilson Gittleman, M.D. wrote:
    > Newstartnz: Have you seen the 'drinking water' in the great city of St.
    > P.?
    > There is no distinction between the toilet and its water and what comes out of
    > the faucet.
    > In such a metropolis as this? Inexcusable.

One would have thought that a person who feels naked (or nobody) if not appending his
medical title to his name might have known that the real issue with the St Petersburg
water is giardia?

(Firsthand experience, BTW.)

Devil, PhD, PE.

    :-)


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:18 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.