Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Cheap country to wind away a year in.

Cheap country to wind away a year in.

Old Jan 16th 2012, 3:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap country to wind away a year in.

Originally Posted by Domino
Well, settled in/on Spain now, hate flying 2.5hrs so the 12-14 would be like torture. However would like to show the BH some of the sights that I saw as we didnt know each other then (my ex was offered a flight and 10 days in either Singapore or Hong Kong but refused as it would impact on the savings for the house we wanted to buy.. )

Had tapas lunch today with a good friend who was born in Malaysia, has Malaysian mother, reminiscing about the time when Singapore ceded from the Malay Federation. Some of the similarities with the current problems within the EU, as previously seen by the US.

However, on a nice day I have no problems about flipflops and table cloth on the estate, probably wouldnt go shopping dressed like that though, one has ones standards to keep up, don't you know!
Although Singapore's final exclusion had a racial element in it and more than likely worked out to Singapore's longer term advantage.

Malaysia has some very fashionable centres these days. KL has better dressed folk than UK.
In some of the regional centres you would be fine in flip flops and casual attire. Perhaps not so much has even changed from your times?

Still say worth a trip for old times sake.