Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

british schools on the costa blanca

british schools on the costa blanca

Old May 19th 2004, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all
Default british schools on the costa blanca

does anyone have a list or know where i might obtain one

thanks in advance
Old May 19th 2004, 1:06 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

North or South?
Old May 19th 2004, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all5thbeatle is a name known to all

mainly around the alicante area.
thanks
Old May 19th 2004, 1:35 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

My sis has a 15 year old at XIC (Javea International) I don't recommend it at all. In fact the schooling is so bad, and discipline so bad, that my sis is sending her daughter back to England today.

The other one I know of is Lady Elizabeth in Jalon Valley for seniors, Javea for Juniors. I haven't heard good things about it.

Newton College is the only other one I know of in the area but don't know anyone with a child there.
Old May 22nd 2004, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

movetogandia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Try National Association of British Schools in Spain or European Council of International Schools

You may also want to check my father's article on the the Spanish education system for foreign nationals

HTH

Steve
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 7:31 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

both my girls are at XIC in Javea and we have no problems with standard of eduction or discipline.
Both are very happy there and doing well educationally.
Haven't heard anything bad about Lady Elizabeth - we just thought it was more 'english' than international which wasn't what we wanted.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 10:25 pm
C.G.D.S

Originally posted by xabiachica
both my girls are at XIC in Javea and we have no problems with standard of eduction or discipline.
Both are very happy there and doing well educationally.
Haven't heard anything bad about Lady Elizabeth - we just thought it was more 'english' than international which wasn't what we wanted.
We've probably run into each other at some point, though I've now left the area and am in the US. How long have you been there?

Are you two in the senior school?
Old Jun 29th 2004, 12:58 am
Just Joined

ladyofelche is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lady of Elche International School

There is a new school just outside of Alicante, about 15 mins from Alicante airport

www.ladyofelcheinternationalschool.org
Old Jun 29th 2004, 6:58 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
We've probably run into each other at some point, though I've now left the area and am in the US. How long have you been there?

Are you two in the senior school?

just saw you post sibsie - my girls are at the lower school
Old Jul 16th 2004, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

JamesL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by 5thbeatle
mainly around the alicante area.
thanks
Hi, we have decided on The English School which is in Muchamiel but there are many good schools in Alicante. You just need to know whether you want to go Spanish or International (British).
Old Aug 31st 2004, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Jagilkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: british schools on the costa blanca

[QUOTE=sibsie]My sis has a 15 year old at XIC (Javea International) I don't recommend it at all. In fact the schooling is so bad, and discipline so bad, that my sis is sending her daughter back to England today.

The other one I know of is Lady Elizabeth in Jalon Valley for seniors, Javea for Juniors. I haven't heard good things about it.

Newton College is the only other one I know of in the area but don't know anyone with a child there.[/QUOTE

My daughter joined XIC the year prior to taking her GCSE's, she did exceptionally well, taking two A's a year early gaining an A* in one and all in all her results were that good she had no problems getting into the school of her choice back in the Uk to study the IB. In my opinion XIC has a very high level of excellent teachers comparable to those found in the better Grammar schools in the UK. (one of which she is in now)
Of course any child has to WANT to learn and any school MUST have parental support, something sadly lacking.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 5:56 am
¿Dónde estoy?

[QUOTE=Jagilkat]
Originally Posted by sibsie
My sis has a 15 year old at XIC (Javea International) I don't recommend it at all. In fact the schooling is so bad, and discipline so bad, that my sis is sending her daughter back to England today.

Newton College is the only other one I know of in the area but don't know anyone with a child there.[/QUOTE

My daughter joined XIC the year prior to taking her GCSE's, she did exceptionally well, taking two A's a year early gaining an A* in one and all in all her results were that good she had no problems getting into the school of her choice back in the Uk to study the IB. In my opinion XIC has a very high level of excellent teachers comparable to those found in the better Grammar schools in the UK. (one of which she is in now)
Of course any child has to WANT to learn and any school MUST have parental support, something sadly lacking.

at last! someone else with something positive to say about XIC........

I knew we couldn't be the only people happy with the school
Old Sep 1st 2004, 12:08 pm
C.G.D.S

Originally Posted by Jagilkat
My niece who is now 15 moved to XIC from a private convent school in England and it was her first experience at being in a mixed school. XIC seems to be very much like a college and she had far more freedom there than she had at her school in England, so there were obvious distractions from the get go. The thing that always amazed me was the lack of homework. I used to look after a 15 year old and even went to the school to ask them about it. She got no homework. None. She'd been to one of the top private schools in London and we ended up going through her old course work from there. It seemed that it was more up to the students to sort themselves out.

If you're suggesting that my niece didn't have parental support or that the child in my care didn't, then you couldn't be more wrong. You only have to pop down the Arenal in the early hours to see where the lack of parental influence all round comes in though! I'm glad it worked out for your kids at XIC.

The thing with Spain and moving there is that everyone's experiences are different. My sis has her youngest daughter in Spanish school and she couldn't be happier with it, whilst other Brits out there wouldn't dream of sending their kids to the local school.

I went to school in France from 13-15 and loved it. Looking back the French system was much better than either the Spanish or British but again that's just my opinion.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 12:32 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by sibsie
My niece who is now 15 moved to XIC from a private convent school in England and it was her first experience at being in a mixed school. XIC seems to be very much like a college and she had far more freedom there than she had at her school in England, so there were obvious distractions from the get go. The thing that always amazed me was the lack of homework. I used to look after a 15 year old and even went to the school to ask them about it. She got no homework. None. She'd been to one of the top private schools in London and we ended up going through her old course work from there. It seemed that it was more up to the students to sort themselves out.

If you're suggesting that my niece didn't have parental support or that the child in my care didn't, then you couldn't be more wrong. You only have to pop down the Arenal in the early hours to see where the lack of parental influence all round comes in though! I'm glad it worked out for your kids at XIC.

The thing with Spain and moving there is that everyone's experiences are different. My sis has her youngest daughter in Spanish school and she couldn't be happier with it, whilst other Brits out there wouldn't dream of sending their kids to the local school.

I went to school in France from 13-15 and loved it. Looking back the French system was much better than either the Spanish or British but again that's just my opinion.

my 8 year old gets homework every night - & a homework book/diary that we are expected to sign
my 5 year old will be gettin ghomework from the beginning if the new term when she enters Y1
Old Sep 1st 2004, 12:33 pm
C.G.D.S

I had a homework book to sign too but the 15 year old just never got any homework hence my visits to the school. No idea what the junior school is like as I only have exp of the senior.

Out of interest, why didn't you send your two to the Spanish school?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.