Reload this Page >

British Protected Person passport

British Protected Person passport

Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:21 am
Just Joined

drhnas is an unknown quantity at this point
Question British Protected Person passport

Hello All,
I hold a British Protected Person passport ( Biometric) valid for 10 years, I would like to learn of visa requirements , to various countries, I know I am granted a six month entry to uk , also easy entry to HK and other asian countries , but what about rest of The Eu countries. how strict are they ?
Thank you for correcting me and elaborating
Old Mar 12th 2009, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Celtic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of lightCeltic Princess is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: British Protected Person passport

We drove all the way through Europe when we moved to Sweden. The only border crossing that required us to even stop was the British one.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Celtic Princess,maybe airports would have made your trip harder,with a Brtish protected person passport....enjoy Sweden,and beware the British border,on your way back.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

A visa is required to visit the countries in the Schengen zone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement
http://www.greekembassy.org/embassy/...&article=20404

Once admitted to one Schengen country you can travel freely to the others.

It also appears that British passports issued to those other than British citizens, British overseas territories citizens and British Nationals (Overseas) require a tourist visa for the Republic of Ireland.
http://www.embassyofireland.co.uk/ho....aspx?id=33738
Old Mar 13th 2009, 6:34 am
Just Joined

so limbo.....maybe I can locate someone with the same status ,and share his/her experience
Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2009, 1:28 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drhnas
so limbo.....maybe I can locate someone with the same status ,and share his/her experience
Thanks
There are not many BPPs out there, and you are unlikely to find another on this forum.

Have you not got another nationality? If you have no other nationality you may be able to register as a British citizen but that depends on how and when you became stateless (and you must be genuinely stateless - choosing not to apply for another country's passport to which you are entitled won't do).
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: British Protected Person passport

Thank you JAJ, so,I belong to a distinct breed.Will learn to live wit it until I find a match.
Rgds