Reload this Page >

Best place to be in Europe?

Best place to be in Europe?

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:45 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best place to be in Europe?

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
We dont have a specific forum for switzerland hence why posts are here. If threads and posts require then in time as Switzerland gets busier then we may consider adding one
Cheers, I would be up for a Switzerland thread.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

But the Swiss might yet prefer to keep it : secret ?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Shaafi is an unknown quantity at this point

Germany,great place to live on the whole.
I've been here since 1984 and lived for years in Bayern (Munich,Landshut and Garmisch),and since 1996 here in Hildesheim/lower Saxony.

I love going back home to visit,but to live ? Forget it.If I move anywhere it will be back to Bavaria.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

Oktoberfest und die Chiemsee! I love the two panels at the border when one drives from Switzerland into Bayern.
The first one, very proudly displayed looks like this

and the second, a much smaller standard one like this
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

stoobee1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jur
Cheers, I would be up for a Switzerland thread.
www.englishforum.ch is Schweiz specific
Old Jan 29th 2009, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, I'll pass it on to my two daughters - even though they grew up there and are more Swiss than English (dual nationality) they will be interested - and I will pop in there from time to time.. to see how the Brits are getting on.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Austrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really niceAustrobrit is just really nice

Originally Posted by tyr
Yeah this is a very vague thread I know that, and yeah there's not one answer but still I'm wondering about oppinions here.

I'm British (A northner) and I really don't see my future being here...I come from an isolated area and beyond there everything just feels alien anyway so I may as well go the whole hog and go to somewhere totally new and exciting.
In the past I've lived in Amsterdam; I was only there for half a year though (university exchange) and found it to be pretty good but the Netherlands worry me a little. I don't see there being much of a long term future there, its too dangerous with global warming and all. And of course its just too crowded.
Currently I'm living in the anti-Holland; Sweden. Here there's just too much space! They count small towns of a few thousand people as cities. Also the way of life here is just not so great. Too strict. I don't see much of a long term future here but again I'm only here for a short time (a year in this case though-I've got a short term contract on a project)

Following my leaving Sweden I'll be becoming somewhat redundant and in need of a new job. I'm not sure where I shoud look though.

Where do you think the best places to live in Europe are?

Also what are job opportunities like for a Brit abroad?- I've got pretty good IT qualifications but I'm not a language expert, which is of course a big negative point anywhere but Ireland. I can pick up languages after a few months right in them of course but that's no good when you're at your interview.
Austria, in the south
Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:37 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stoobee1
www.englishforum.ch is Schweiz specific
Great stuff, Stoobee !