Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Belgium car insurance warning

Belgium car insurance warning

Old May 15th 2004, 9:41 am
Just Joined

bel1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Belgium car insurance warning

A warning for anyone thinking of taking out car insurance with either of the following companies:
SA Vivium
Zurich Belgium
If you ever try to cancel your policy they will refuse to do so, and will threaten you with legal action unless you pay up.
The same applies if you don't want to renew your policy: they will refuse to accept this, and will engage solicitors to chase you.

Note also that if you buy insurance through a broker, the insurance will actually be with another company - possibly one of the above two rogues.

My advice:
:lecture: Check who actually provides the insurance
:lecture: Steer well clear of SA Vivium and Zurich.
Old May 20th 2004, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

mpprh has a brilliant futurempprh has a brilliant futurempprh has a brilliant futurempprh has a brilliant futurempprh has a brilliant futurempprh has a brilliant future

Hi

most Euro insrance policies require 2 months notice of cancellation or non renewal.

Peter
Old May 29th 2004, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

woodruffs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Belgium car insurance warning

Originally posted by bel1000
A warning for anyone thinking of taking out car insurance with either of the following companies:
SA Vivium
Zurich Belgium
If you ever try to cancel your policy they will refuse to do so, and will threaten you with legal action unless you pay up.
The same applies if you don't want to renew your policy: they will refuse to accept this, and will engage solicitors to chase you.

Note also that if you buy insurance through a broker, the insurance will actually be with another company - possibly one of the above two rogues.

My advice:
:lecture: Check who actually provides the insurance
:lecture: Steer well clear of SA Vivium and Zurich.
i just cancelled a car insurance policy in the uk with hill house hammond (going bust or something soon)that i was paying monthly and was charged the naext months payment then £52.00 on top
not as bad but still a wind up