Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Belgian police certificate

Belgian police certificate

Old Jan 19th 2018, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

adamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond reputeadamas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Belgian police certificate

Hello

I have lived in Belgium in the past and now I need to get a police certificate for a US green card application.

According to the Belgian authorities website, I just need to send them a letter or fax asking for that, and will receive it free of charge.

Could anyone confirm this? How long does it take in your experience?

Do you know if they can issue the certificate in English, or just French and Dutch?
Old Jan 19th 2018, 5:53 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Belgian police certificate

Originally Posted by adamas
Hello

I have lived in Belgium in the past and now I need to get a police certificate for a US green card application.

According to the Belgian authorities website, I just need to send them a letter or fax asking for that, and will receive it free of charge.

Could anyone confirm this? How long does it take in your experience?

Do you know if they can issue the certificate in English, or just French and Dutch?
Depends if it's at the Federal level or local. You can request it to be in Dutch, French or German at a Federal level, but not English.

If it's at a local level, then it would be in the language of that province.

If you need it in English, you would then have to have it translated by an officially approved translator, and then possibly authenticated by a notary.

As to length of time to process, it is Belgium after all...

Last edited by BuckinghamshireBoy; Jan 19th 2018 at 6:14 pm. Reason: Refining Federal vs local.