British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Europe (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/)
-   -   Anyone from Warsaw? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/europe-55/anyone-warsaw-354663/)

*Celine* Feb 12th 2006 10:51 pm

Anyone from Warsaw?

Hi there,

I'm in Warsaw and haven't really managed to find any Brits around... If anybody is in Warsaw please mail me :)
Cel x

<<Admin edit - It is not wise to post your email addresses on a public forum. You will be swamped with spam.>>

<<PM member for email address>>

Bk1 Feb 6th 2007 7:33 pm

Re: Anyone from Warsaw?

Hi Celine,

I know your message is from a long time ago, but I will try this long shot!

Are you still around in Warsaw? I can't belive how on this site there are hardly any! (anyone else reading this, please correct me if needed!)

So, are you still around?!

chrisde Apr 2nd 2007 12:25 pm

Hi Celine & BK1 - moving to Warsaw on the 15th of April - have the same impression as you two: people living in Warsaw apparently dont like using the forums.

So if any of you two is still on here, just answer to this thread.

Cheers

Chris

Bk1 Apr 22nd 2007 6:33 pm

Hi Chirsde,

I am still around, how are you finding it? Where have you moved? What brings you here?

caleyjagsinwarsaw Apr 27th 2007 3:19 pm

ive been in Warsaw for 4 months and its a great place to live....cant believe you havent met many Brits...the place is filled with them...try the expat bars and clubs.

Bk1 May 4th 2007 6:18 pm

hi!

that's very promising of you, i do believe you're right just need pointing in the right direction! do you have more detailed suggestions of places and good days to go?

chrisde May 6th 2007 8:07 pm

Hi,

I am still traveling, returning to Warsaw in about three weeks, will contact you guys then.

Cheers

Chris

The Nomadic One Jun 18th 2007 8:08 pm

Hi folks, I'm a Brit living in Southern Poland but lived in Warsaw for one year so if you want any tips/advice - fire away, I'll do my best to help :D

Warsaw07 Jul 10th 2007 8:23 am

Hi,
actually I´m not British but Finnish. Sorry. I just wanted to ask if you know somebody from Warsaw who would like to teach business English to a group of Finnish students coming to Warsaw in September. Our course would last till the end of October. It would be approximately three times a week that you would teach.
Some experience in the field of teaching, English language and literature or business would be an advantage. Please, contact me if you are interested or you know somebody who would be interested.
Best Regards,
Tuuli

Warsaw07 Jul 10th 2007 9:18 am

Hi,
do you know somebody who could teach business English in Warsaw? Would not have to be professional, just familiar with business and English language.
Best Regards,
Tuuli

patr1ck Jul 12th 2007 2:46 pm

Hi, I am going to Warsaw in September to study for a year, possibly two. However, I am having real trouble finding a place to rent on a long-term basis. Have you any tips on where I should be looking to rent?

Also, my knowledge is limited to say the least, so if you could recommend any areas which are good to live in, which are not I’d be really grateful.

Thanks

Patrick

if you want to send me a private message and we can talk via e-mail, that could possibly be better? If not, any posts on here which can help will be greatly recieved!

Jon Young Jul 21st 2007 6:41 pm

Hi everyone. I just moved to Warsaw at the start of the week and wouldn't mind meeting some expats as I have never been here before and don't really know anyone.

Tuuli, can you get in touch about the teaching job, I might have a friend who can help you out, he should be getting here towards the end of the summer.

Jon

solaris1 Jul 23rd 2007 4:50 pm

apartment in warsaw

Hi, patr1ck
Actually a friend of mine is moving to Sweden end of August/ beginning od September. She's got a nice appartment nearby the city center in a very good area called Saska Kępa
if you would like some details I may contact you two together.
I'm Polish, so forgive me all the mistakes I've done in this post :)

beata

Warsaw07 Jul 26th 2007 11:19 am

Hi,
Jon, could you send me a private message about the English teacher? I don´t know how to do it. Thank you.
Best Regards,
Tuuli

jdr Jul 26th 2007 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Warsaw07 (Post 5107739)
Hi,
Jon, could you send me a private message about the English teacher? I don´t know how to do it. Thank you.
Best Regards,
Tuuli

You will need 1 more post to be able to use it.
Then click on the persons username, a dropdown menu will appear just click on send pm or email and follow the instructions, its similar to posting.