Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Greece?

Anyone in Greece?

Old Jan 18th 2005, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

sjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant future
Default Anyone in Greece?

Hi,

Just wondering if there's anyone else on this board who's living in Greece right now (cold weather and all!)?

Sean
Old Jan 19th 2005, 2:40 am
Just Joined

koukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Anyone in Greece?

Hi Sean,

I'm not in Greece yet, but I'm moving there this summer

Are you living Greece permanently?? I'd love to talk with you to see how you find life there.

Take care and stay warm - I've heard it's chilly

Kristen
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

sjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone in Greece?

Originally Posted by koukla
Take care and stay warm - I've heard it's chilly

Kristen
Hi Kristen,

Yes, it's cold, windy and snoy but at least we've got the Spring to look forward to. Where are you headed?
Old Jan 19th 2005, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

koukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant futurekoukla has a brilliant future

Hi

We will be in Athens... and from what I understand very central Athens. It's not his first choice but the price is right so it's perfect until we get our feet on the ground. The good thing is that I will be very close to the Metro and can get around and lost quite easily

I just talked w/ my boyfriend this morning and his sentiments were the same... SPRING has got to be coming! He is completing his military service at the moment and is tired of standing guard outside

Where are you located?
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

We will be in Athens... and from what I understand very central Athens. It's not his first choice but the price is right so it's perfect until we get our feet on the ground. The good thing is that I will be very close to the Metro and can get around and lost quite easily

I just talked w/ my boyfriend this morning and his sentiments were the same... SPRING has got to be coming! He is completing his military service at the moment and is tired of standing guard outside

Where are you located?
Evia at the moment but moving to the Pelopponese soon. Actually I've been here about 20 years so have got around a bit but I love Athens and spend a lot of time there. Are you thinking of working there?

By the way, is your bf in the Greek military? Just wondering if he's one of those poor frozen ones outside parliament...
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Yes, he is in the Greek military - but not outside the parliament. He was transferred up to Thessoloniki from Kos last month and thankfully only has about 4 months left. ...not that we are counting.

I sent you a PM
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 4:59 pm
Desert spaces

Becs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud ofBecs has much to be proud of

I grew up in Greece- we lived there for 10 years. Good luck, you'll love it !

-Becs
Old Feb 16th 2005, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Koukla,

In case you're interested with some friends we've just started a website about moving to Greece.

http://www.greeceishome.co.uk

We're adding info all the time and if there's a question not answered there we'll get the answer as soon as possible!

All the best!
Old Feb 17th 2005, 1:23 am
Just Joined

Wow! Thanks for telling me.

This is great, because there is really not much info on it out there! I suppose this isn't such a bad thing, because it's a well kept secret

Off to check out the website!

Take care
Old Feb 17th 2005, 7:15 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Thanks for telling me.

This is great, because there is really not much info on it out there! I suppose this isn't such a bad thing, because it's a well kept secret

Off to check out the website!

Take care

eek, koukla!
I haven't emailed in ages <shame-on-me>! Hope all's well with you all
Old Feb 17th 2005, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
eek, koukla!
I haven't emailed in ages <shame-on-me>! Hope all's well with you all
Hehe, shame on me too

It was odd cause I was just thinking about you the other day driving home from work and I was going to email you.

All is well and things are coming along But I've got a Q for you so I'll send you an email later today if it stays this dead at work.

Take care, I hope you're enjoying this weather! (Is this really Oregon in Feb?!?! )

koukla
Old Jan 10th 2006, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

AnneF is an unknown quantity at this point

Just joined this forum, so Hi from Thessaloniki, Greece.
Are you still in Greece, or did you return to England??

Happy New Year to one and all!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Emmanuel2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are an expat in Athens, you may be interested in joining an expat group called "Meet in Athens". For more information visit www.athensroom.com/meet_in_athens.html

Emmanuel
Old Jan 14th 2007, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

haliawestron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

another newbie on the board. we're consdiering a move to greece to set up business in the next couple of years. Can anyone recomend good books etc that cover the basics about living in greece?

I'm particularly interested to hear from anybody who has set up their own business and bought property on the islands or the pellaponese (sp?) peninsula

ta
Old Jan 15th 2007, 4:31 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haliawestron
Hi all,

another newbie on the board. we're consdiering a move to greece to set up business in the next couple of years. Can anyone recomend good books etc that cover the basics about living in greece?

I'm particularly interested to hear from anybody who has set up their own business and bought property on the islands or the pellaponese (sp?) peninsula

ta
My only comment would be for you to strongly rethink the need to BUY real estate. Greece is not the UK or the US and land is not always as clear to sell as it might be 'at home'. Plus, renting is cheap, and keeps your options open. If your decision is firm after a year or so, then you can start looking for a purchase, after you know your new town better.

I ducked out before starting a business, but I would also proceed with caution.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.