Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any IT workers?!

Any IT workers?!

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

emjharts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any IT workers?!

My Husband and I are moving to Malta in January. Currently he is working as a contract Flash/Actionscript 3 developer to earn the money for us to set up there.
He doesnt expect to find any such contract work in Malta and currently has a list of over 20 IT companies that use Flash and Actionscript that he is going to send his CV to this week, in the hope that over the coming few months they will have something.
What we wanted to know is what kind of wage could he expect to earn as a Flash / Actionscript 3 developer in Malta as none of the job adverts we have seen have a salary. He did go for an interview last year for an It company in Malta and was offered 31000 euros, unfortunately they gave it to a local person. In his last job he was a Senior Flash / AS3 developer if that helps. We just want to know that we will be able to stay afloat!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 5:54 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any IT workers?!

Originally Posted by emjharts
My Husband and I are moving to Malta in January. Currently he is working as a contract Flash/Actionscript 3 developer to earn the money for us to set up there.
He doesnt expect to find any such contract work in Malta and currently has a list of over 20 IT companies that use Flash and Actionscript that he is going to send his CV to this week, in the hope that over the coming few months they will have something.
What we wanted to know is what kind of wage could he expect to earn as a Flash / Actionscript 3 developer in Malta as none of the job adverts we have seen have a salary. He did go for an interview last year for an It company in Malta and was offered 31000 euros, unfortunately they gave it to a local person. In his last job he was a Senior Flash / AS3 developer if that helps. We just want to know that we will be able to stay afloat!!!
I'm confused

I thought you were moving to Spain, or at least thats what you said on 26/9 when posted a question and then didn't return to make any comment at all when everyone answered
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, sorry to confuse you. We hadn't decided upon Spain or Malta as they were both in the running and we were trying to weigh up the pro's and con's of both places. We have been a bit put off Spain to be honest, mainly by friends that actually live there so we think that Malta - which was our first choice - is the right place to go. Sorry i never returned, I am on alot of expat sites and am new to them so please forgive me!
Old Oct 19th 2008, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

spanky is an unknown quantity at this point

oooooo Actionscript pro.... does he do side projects? My guy isnt available anymore and we always need little projects!
Old Oct 19th 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Spanky,

He could possibly do side projects, where are you based? what kind of projects?