Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any advice for a Carpenter & Barman in Ticino, Swiss for finding work?

Any advice for a Carpenter & Barman in Ticino, Swiss for finding work?

Old Dec 9th 2016, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

DannyD333343 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any advice for a Carpenter & Barman in Ticino, Swiss for finding work?

Hi guys and girl,
Just wondering if anyone can give me any advice. I've recently relocated to Switzerland to live with my girlfriend, and trying hard to find work with very limited Italian (despite studying everyday, which I will continue to do!!).

I'm a qualified carpenter and have spent years working freelance as a general builder. Spent quite a few years in France doing shop fitting for Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein and doing all sorts from plumbing to electrics.

I've always worked in bars and clubs (for the extra cash) on evenings and weekends too, and have experience of managing several different bars doing relief work in the UK and also in Greece.

I've just moved from Cyprus where I took a 3 year break to teach scuba diving, but I'm now stuck - without being fluent in Italian it appears that there just isn't any work around this area. I live on the Swiss/Italian border near como, so wondering if anyone knows of any Expat building companies, or bars that maybe need a barman or waiter or anything really......

Any help highly appreciated.
Thanks
Danny