Albania Help?

Old May 25th 2022, 7:46 pm
  #16  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 26
byrek_death is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Albania Help?

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Perhaps they've run out of "credit" with US embassies around the world?
No US embassies have ever offered credit as far as I have ever heard.
byrek_death is offline  
Old May 25th 2022, 7:49 pm
  #17  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 26
byrek_death is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Albania Help?

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Every Embassy will do this, that's one of the main reasons they exist! To help their own citizens in that country. For some reason the link I've given above is redirecting to the home page of the Embassy, but there's a whole section on assistance for US citizens, including financial assistance and repatriation. It's on the menu at the top of the page.
None will do this that I have ever heard of. They do not care at all to help their citizens. Why would they? They only assistance they offer is "tell someone to send you Western Union". The US embassy would never give financial assistance or repatriation. Why do you think there are millions of US citizens around the world homeless, hungry, and in prisons? Which is little more than a joke. We are not all US citizens. We have kids born abroad.
byrek_death is offline  
Old May 25th 2022, 7:49 pm
  #18  
Stocking up on red wine!
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Location: Buda
Posts: 10,577
Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Albania Help?

Originally Posted by byrek_death View Post
No US embassies have ever offered credit as far as I have ever heard.
Credit, as in credibility!
Expatrick is offline  
Old May 25th 2022, 7:57 pm
  #19  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 26
byrek_death is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Albania Help?

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Credit, as in credibility!
Yeah, I don't get it.
byrek_death is offline  
Old May 25th 2022, 8:51 pm
  #20  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,973
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Albania Help?

Originally Posted by byrek_death View Post
Also, we do not qualify for visas to America.
You’re not making any sense. Why would you need visas for America, you say above you’re citizens? Your children’s place of birth doesn’t mean they’re not citizens too.

And yes, the Embassy will give you financial aid if you can prove you are destitute & homeless as you say. Again, that’s the point of them. They are there to assist their own citizens in the foreign country they are located in. https://www.clements.com/knowledge-c...untrys-embassy Did you not read the info given above? At least try phoning them before dismissing it out of hand.

What did the Embassy in the Philippines do to assist during the 2 years you were trapped there, assuming you contacted them then?

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 25th 2022 at 9:03 pm.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old May 25th 2022, 10:22 pm
  #21  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 652
Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Albania Help?

Originally Posted by byrek_death View Post
What is this?
It's a US tv show focusing on US citizens that don't want to interact with US officialdom (e.g. a US embassy).
Bomber Harris is offline  
Old May 26th 2022, 2:41 pm
  #22  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 26
byrek_death is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Albania Help?

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
You’re not making any sense. Why would you need visas for America, you say above you’re citizens? Your children’s place of birth doesn’t mean they’re not citizens too.

And yes, the Embassy will give you financial aid if you can prove you are destitute & homeless as you say. Again, that’s the point of them. They are there to assist their own citizens in the foreign country they are located in. https://www.clements.com/knowledge-c...untrys-embassy Did you not read the info given above? At least try phoning them before dismissing it out of hand.

What did the Embassy in the Philippines do to assist during the 2 years you were trapped there, assuming you contacted them then?
Place of birth is one of the major factors in determining citizenship. We cannot sponsor the kids on £30 a month. Let alone afford $15,000 in visa and $15,000 more for plane tickets. Besides, who would want to go to America?

The embassy will not give you financial aid. That is a silly wives tale. We have contacted the embassy thousands of times. Pretty sure we are done dealing with that worthless country. What did the embassy do to assist us the past 2 years? Nothing. We are US citizens. Why would the US embassy do anything for us? They do not assist citizens. Free houses for foreigners, free money, free school, free computers, free businesses, and so on. Nothing for citizens. Except lots of paperwork and fines for being alive. We've been here a year now. I have no chance of finding a real job or getting a visa without a bank account. The US embassy refuses to let me have one.
byrek_death is offline  
Old May 26th 2022, 2:42 pm
  #23  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 26
byrek_death is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Albania Help?

Originally Posted by Bomber Harris View Post
It's a US tv show focusing on US citizens that don't want to interact with US officialdom (e.g. a US embassy).
I don't have TV. Let alone foreign channels.
byrek_death is offline  
Old May 26th 2022, 2:52 pm
  #24  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 26
byrek_death is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Albania Help?

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
You’re not making any sense. Why would you need visas for America, you say above you’re citizens? Your children’s place of birth doesn’t mean they’re not citizens too.

And yes, the Embassy will give you financial aid if you can prove you are destitute & homeless as you say. Again, that’s the point of them. They are there to assist their own citizens in the foreign country they are located in. https://www.clements.com/knowledge-c...untrys-embassy Did you not read the info given above? At least try phoning them before dismissing it out of hand.

What did the Embassy in the Philippines do to assist during the 2 years you were trapped there, assuming you contacted them then?
Your link is a generic article about what embassies are. Each nation is totally different. It is an insurance website.

Anyhow, does anyone now where best to go from here? Italy? Greece? Germany, France, UK? What nation would be best to find a job and housing? Or get welfare? We need to leave here in less than a month, or we will be in trouble with the law here. And this is a bad place to be trapped. People from Africa, Asia, and the Middle East can freely go anywhere in the world. But when you are US citizens? No place wants you! Most countries want at least $1,000,000,000 invested to get residency, if you are American. People online say that is not true and all the rules are the same. Any Pakistani, Indian, Africans, and Arabs in the UK, for example, are all Doctors and millionaires. I don't think so. Even here! In poor Albania. I see MANY Africans, Asians, Pakistanis, Arabs getting INSTANT residency. But for us to apply for it? We need mountains of paperwork, and at least £50,000 quid. Why? It's always a problem being white and US citizens.
byrek_death is offline  
Old May 26th 2022, 2:52 pm
  #25  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,973
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Albania Help?

Originally Posted by byrek_death View Post
Place of birth is one of the major factors in determining citizenship.
No, it's not. Easy enough to check yourself with official info. https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/...rt-h-chapter-3

"In general, a person born outside of the United States may acquire citizenship at birth if all of the following requirements are met at the time of the person’s birth:
  • The person is a child of a U.S. citizen parent(s);
  • The U.S. citizen parent meets certain residence or physical presence requirements in the United States or an outlying possession before the person’s birth in accordance with the applicable provision; and
  • The person meets all other applicable requirements under either INA 301 or INA 309."
Originally Posted by byrek_death View Post
The embassy will not give you financial aid. That is a silly wives tale. We have contacted the embassy thousands of times. Pretty sure we are done dealing with that worthless country. What did the embassy do to assist us the past 2 years? Nothing. We are US citizens. Why would the US embassy do anything for us? They do not assist citizens. Free houses for foreigners, free money, free school, free computers, free businesses, and so on. Nothing for citizens. Except lots of paperwork and fines for being alive. We've been here a year now. I have no chance of finding a real job or getting a visa without a bank account. The US embassy refuses to let me have one.
Now you just look like you're trolling. None of that makes sense. What has the Embassy got to do with bank accounts? Did you even read the links above? I'm beginning to wonder if you're mixing something else up with the Embassy, as what you're saying makes no sense.

If you don't want to go back to the US then that's your choice, but you're telling us you're trapped in Albania (after apparently being trapped in the Philippines), so that seems an obvious solution to me. I'm not sure why you've posted repeatedly on BE about your plight if you're just going to ignore any advice you get.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 26th 2022 at 2:59 pm.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old May 26th 2022, 2:56 pm
  #26  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,973
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Albania Help?

Originally Posted by byrek_death View Post
Your link is a generic article about what embassies are. Each nation is totally different. It is an insurance website.
Yes, because you didn't seem to understand what an Embassy does, so I tried to find a link that put it in plain English for you.

Originally Posted by byrek_death View Post
Anyhow, does anyone now where best to go from here? Italy? Greece? Germany, France, UK? What nation would be best to find a job and housing? Or get welfare? We need to leave here in less than a month, or we will be in trouble with the law here. And this is a bad place to be trapped. People from Africa, Asia, and the Middle East can freely go anywhere in the world. But when you are US citizens? No place wants you! Most countries want at least $1,000,000,000 invested to get residency, if you are American. People online say that is not true and all the rules are the same. Any Pakistani, Indian, Africans, and Arabs in the UK, for example, are all Doctors and millionaires. I don't think so. Even here! In poor Albania. I see MANY Africans, Asians, Pakistanis, Arabs getting INSTANT residency. But for us to apply for it? We need mountains of paperwork, and at least £50,000 quid. Why? It's always a problem being white and US citizens.
None of that is true either, again it just looks like you're trolling. Perhaps do some actual research in to visa requirements for various countries and see if you're eligible for any, you can't just rock up to a country and expect to be allowed to stay and be given benefits. If not, then whether you like it or not, returning to the US may be your only option.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old May 26th 2022, 4:22 pm
  #27  
MODERATOR
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Costa Valencia
Posts: 14,573
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Albania Help?

Why on earth do you expect any country to welcome you and give you hand outs when you obviously made the journey through your own choice. You left your own country to go travelling around other countries which is fine if you have the finances to back up that lifestyle but if you do not then it was foolhardy and irresponsible. Taking responsibility for your own actions, ensuring that your family are cared for and generally contributing to society is what most adults endeavour to fulfil. They do not buzz of to other countries and expect hand outs when they have contributed nothing. Your expectations appear to be completely skewed, unrealistic and downright incomprehensible.

Rosemary
Rosemary is offline  
Old May 26th 2022, 8:44 pm
  #28  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 26
byrek_death is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Albania Help?

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
No, it's not. Easy enough to check yourself with official info. https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/...rt-h-chapter-3

"In general, a person born outside of the United States may acquire citizenship at birth if all of the following requirements are met at the time of the person’s birth:
  • The person is a child of a U.S. citizen parent(s);
  • The U.S. citizen parent meets certain residence or physical presence requirements in the United States or an outlying possession before the person’s birth in accordance with the applicable provision; and
  • The person meets all other applicable requirements under either INA 301 or INA 309."


Now you just look like you're trolling. None of that makes sense. What has the Embassy got to do with bank accounts? Did you even read the links above? I'm beginning to wonder if you're mixing something else up with the Embassy, as what you're saying makes no sense.

If you don't want to go back to the US then that's your choice, but you're telling us you're trapped in Albania (after apparently being trapped in the Philippines), so that seems an obvious solution to me. I'm not sure why you've posted repeatedly on BE about your plight if you're just going to ignore any advice you get.
You just contradicted yourself. You said I was wrong, but posted a link to the law that says I am right. But you call ME the troll?

I do not listen to that advice, because the USA is not only a nation we are not interested in, but it is physically, legally, and monetarily impossible to go there. We can't go back to the US either. We've never been there. So there is no going back. Why would going to the USA be an obvious solution? Why the USA? Why not Canada? Uruguay? China? Surely Italy, Greece, Germany, France, or the UK make way more sense, right?

byrek_death is offline  
Old May 26th 2022, 8:50 pm
  #29  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 26
byrek_death is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Albania Help?

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Yes, because you didn't seem to understand what an Embassy does, so I tried to find a link that put it in plain English for you.



None of that is true either, again it just looks like you're trolling. Perhaps do some actual research in to visa requirements for various countries and see if you're eligible for any, you can't just rock up to a country and expect to be allowed to stay and be given benefits. If not, then whether you like it or not, returning to the US may be your only option.
I know exactly what the embassy does. It is YOU that was confused. Remember? So who is trolling again?

I don't need a visa. I have a US passport. I've never been to the US. Who is trolling? And that is not an option at all. Where would I get $30,000 from? You realise I can go to France for like 100 quid, right? There is no way I can afford the $30,000 to go to the USA. And for what? What would I do there? If I had that kind of money, we could retire in any country in Europe. Also, how would we get across the ocean? You need passports to get on planes. Who is trolling? Pretty sure it is you, not me.

Look, for whatever reason, you don't like us. Fine. Whatever. Then leave us alone. Maybe there is someone on this forum that is intelligent and helpful?
byrek_death is offline  
Old May 26th 2022, 8:56 pm
  #30  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jul 2021
Posts: 26
byrek_death is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Albania Help?

Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
Why on earth do you expect any country to welcome you and give you hand outs when you obviously made the journey through your own choice. You left your own country to go travelling around other countries which is fine if you have the finances to back up that lifestyle but if you do not then it was foolhardy and irresponsible. Taking responsibility for your own actions, ensuring that your family are cared for and generally contributing to society is what most adults endeavour to fulfil. They do not buzz of to other countries and expect hand outs when they have contributed nothing. Your expectations appear to be completely skewed, unrealistic and downright incomprehensible.

Rosemary
Because it was not our country. We are white. That is why I am in Europe. To better our financial situation. Isn't that what you say I should be doing? It's irresponsible for me to want food and shelter for my family? A chance for my kids to go to school? See a doctor? How so? So being responsible to you means letting my children be homeless, starving, raped, and murdered? Yeah, I will have to disagree with you on that. What's wrong with handouts? Why don't my kids deserve to eat? Why don't my kids deserve a bed to sleep in at night? Simply because they were born the wrong skin colour? My children's skin makes me "irresponsible"? Sorry, but YOU are the one that is skewed and twisted. What is wrong with you people on here? Do none of you have family?
byrek_death is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.