Reload this Page >

Advice needed on moving to Luxembourg

Advice needed on moving to Luxembourg

Old Apr 27th 2005, 6:36 am
Sub Zero IT

daveh will become famous soon enough
Default Advice needed on moving to Luxembourg

Hi

I will be moving to Luxembourg in July for a new job. I am currently trying to find out information on places to rent, should I buy a car or take my UK car over- my initial contract is for 6 months.

I have been told that it might be better to live in Belgium and travel to Luxembourg. Any comments on this? if so where is good to live that is not too far from Luxembourg city?

Does anyone know of any web sites that I could use to find more info?

Thanks

Dave
Old Apr 27th 2005, 10:12 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed on moving to Luxembourg

Lucky you! It's been a long time since I was there, so I can't help you much. But it used to be that Lux had a negative unemployment rate: has more workers than inhabitants, so your comment about Belgium might be true. Certainly I remember rents being a little steep when I glanced at them. If you live in the city it's a pretty foot-friendly place, and a pretty place to walk around. But I'm not sure if you can easily get to a decent supermarket without transport.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:20 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Lucky you! It's been a long time since I was there, so I can't help you much. But it used to be that Lux had a negative unemployment rate: has more workers than inhabitants, so your comment about Belgium might be true.
Income tax may be higher in Belgium - at least check this point out.

Jeremy
Old May 13th 2005, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

globalart4u is on a distinguished road

taxes for resident individuals are fairly high, and in addition to income tax (rising progressively after a certain income threshold to a maximum marginal rate of 47.15%), there is also a wealth tax to be contended with, levied on both resident and non-resident individuals

try these websites they may be of help (the first one is interesting):

http://www.talent4europe.com/Luxembourg/practical.htm
http://www.luxembourg.co.uk/living.html
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

gplux is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by daveh
Hi

I will be moving to Luxembourg in July for a new job. I am currently trying to find out information on places to rent, should I buy a car or take my UK car over- my initial contract is for 6 months.

I have been told that it might be better to live in Belgium and travel to Luxembourg. Any comments on this? if so where is good to live that is not too far from Luxembourg city?

Does anyone know of any web sites that I could use to find more info?

Thanks

Dave
Dave.
Luxembourg is Safe and Clean. It has a great transport system, fantastic restaurants and is one of the best places in Europe to live.
check out 352 an English weekly magazine easily found on the web. I am sure you new company could give you a lot of help B4 you come.
Do NOT live in Belgium. 50,000 people come across the Borders everyday to work here and the Jams would make you feel at home, just like the M25!!!
Cars are quite cheap here but there is no market for a UK car and if you wanted to sell yours it you would have to take it back to UK or give it away. Any other questions or phone numbers just ask me
gplux