Reload this Page >

Advice appreciated.

Advice appreciated.

Old May 8th 2014, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

TheOneWhoKnocks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice appreciated.

Hi there,

I'm in need of a bit of general advice and I'd really appreciate some input. Basically, I'm looking for some advice on where the best place in Europe would be to look for work that has opportunities relevant to my skills. I'm in my early 20's, with experience in the film industry (which means nothing), as a journaist (again, means nothing), and 2-3 years experience working within HR/with Excel running business admin/data testing.

A little bit about me, and why I want to move. I grew up with some health issues and spent most of my life between 11 and 19 unwell. I'm in a position where I'd like to put that behind me for good, and move on. Try something new. Do something different. I don't quite know. why, I've always felt more attuned to the continent and have nothing keeping me in this country any longer. It's actually a low risk situation considering I'm young, have money saved and have next to no commitments right now.

I've lived abroad before. My family are originally from Cyprus and I've lived there for about a year when I was 17. I am well in touch with the kind of hidden horrors that comes with a 'place in the sun'...those of you used to the Mediterranean mentality can testify to the way bureaucracy works . Anyway, whilst my dream is to live in a Mediterranean country, employment numbers don't look too promising. I was thinking I could still see if there's anyway in Central Europe that might have employment chances? Heard the employment on the Northern side of Italy is better. Austria? Czech Republic (a country I've been to multiple times and loved)?

I can honestly do pretty much anything. I'd consider myself a very adaptable person who has the right attitude to stick through anything. So I don't really mind doing something for long hours that's mundane, if it's in the right location...

My language is limited to English, Greek and basic Italian so I'd really need an English language job. Anyway, if anyone can give me some pointers on where they'd look and in which countries, I'd be very much obliged.