Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Milan - any advice for a poor man?

Milan - any advice for a poor man?

Old Nov 7th 2001, 12:35 am
Just Joined

Brautigan is an unknown quantity at this point

For some reason myself and a friend are going to Milan next week. Would anyone out there have any tips, hints, suggestions, ideas etc.. on the city? What to do, what to avoid, that kind of stuff.

We'll be travelling on a tight budget so cheap (but good)accomodation pointers would be cool.

Also, any good places to go to? To see, to drink and eat? Decent gig venues/clubs?

A big one is if there's any sports pubs which might/will be showing the Ireland-Iran game on Thursday week (shocking I know, but it'll be a cracker of a game) and finally, any tips on how to get tickets for a game at the San Siro?

Sorry to ask so much, but any tips would be much appreciated.

B.
Old Nov 8th 2001, 7:06 am
Joehill

Brautigan <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
--------------------
There are a number of "english" pubs in Milan. But the overall best areas to trry and
find pubs/bars are in the Navigli and Brera areas (at least for visitors). Brera
doesn't really have any cheap lodging but the Navigli might--for cheap lodging try
the viaggi section of www.virgilio.it. There is a great Picasso exhibit going on at
the palazzo reale near the duomo and not sure about the mucis scene. The city is very
accessible by underground (called the metro here) and the trams but service ends
around 1am and the clubs are open much later than that. For other info try
www.informer.it for english language stuff.