Young(ish) Spark in Oz.

Old May 7th 2011, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

mashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nice
Default Young(ish) Spark in Oz.

Hi everyone,

Currently based in Sydney on a 417 working holiday visa. Been working with a solar panel company for the last 4 months, good money etc but now looking into staying in the country permanently. Luckily I am working with a guy who may be willing to sponsor me.

So, I am now at the stage where I am trying to digest all the stuff about ARTC's, wiring regs courses etc.

I am 23 years old and qualified as a spark in March 2010. I've checked the eligibility criteria on the ARTC website and due to me completing a 4 year recognised apprenticeship then I am fine to apply and be granted one.

I am just wondering if there are any other young(ish) sparks out there with obviously fairly limited experience and wether they have ran into any difficulties.

At work in Scotland I had a fair bit of responsibility and I am confident in my work. I also done the City and Guilds 2391 test and inspect course and won the award for it too.

I'm just worried that when I submit my reference it won't be adequate, regardless of wether I can do my job or not. I seen somewhere on this that a guy had submitted 150 pages of evidence!

Any information would be great, from anyone of any age about how to get through this process.

Also, I am gonna do the wiring regs course via correspondance. How quickly can I get through this?

Cheers boys.

Ross.
Old May 8th 2011, 6:02 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Young(ish) Spark in Oz.

Also, I am gonna do the wiring regs course via correspondance. How quickly can I get through this?

Up to you really. A month minimum I'd say. But more like months.
Old May 8th 2011, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

agillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to all

Hey,

I was in a similar position to you when I arrived in Australia. I left Ireland the week after I qualified so never actually worked as a qualified electrician before I came over here. I applied for my ARTC and got it approved just over 2 weeks later. As long as you can prove that you've done an apprenticeship then you should be ok.
Old May 11th 2011, 9:13 am
Just Joined

bubby1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mashup
Hi everyone,

Currently based in Sydney on a 417 working holiday visa. Been working with a solar panel company for the last 4 months, good money etc but now looking into staying in the country permanently. Luckily I am working with a guy who may be willing to sponsor me.

So, I am now at the stage where I am trying to digest all the stuff about ARTC's, wiring regs courses etc.

I am 23 years old and qualified as a spark in March 2010. I've checked the eligibility criteria on the ARTC website and due to me completing a 4 year recognised apprenticeship then I am fine to apply and be granted one.

I am just wondering if there are any other young(ish) sparks out there with obviously fairly limited experience and wether they have ran into any difficulties.

At work in Scotland I had a fair bit of responsibility and I am confident in my work. I also done the City and Guilds 2391 test and inspect course and won the award for it too.

I'm just worried that when I submit my reference it won't be adequate, regardless of wether I can do my job or not. I seen somewhere on this that a guy had submitted 150 pages of evidence!

Any information would be great, from anyone of any age about how to get through this process.

Cheers boys.

Ross.
hi ross my name is dale cant really help u but a bit cheeky after some advice , i am currently still in the uk working for a solar pv company and am about to do my trade test via vetassess once that is completed my app for visa can go in for approval , but what i was asking is whats the chances of being sponsored by an employer over there as this is an option if i dont make the june 31st cut off date , i served a traineeship with british gas and gained 2391 17th ed 2377 pat testing and part p please feel free to e mail on <snip>

cheers bud and good luck

hope to here from you soon

dale

Last edited by Sue; May 12th 2011 at 12:14 pm. Reason: Email address removed, not wise to post it on a public forum, instead share via the private message system
Old May 24th 2011, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

mashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nice

Originally Posted by agillick
Hey,

I was in a similar position to you when I arrived in Australia. I left Ireland the week after I qualified so never actually worked as a qualified electrician before I came over here. I applied for my ARTC and got it approved just over 2 weeks later. As long as you can prove that you've done an apprenticeship then you should be ok.
alright mate.

broke my iphone so aint been on this.

i tried to private message you, agillick, but it wouldnt let me.

any information you have about tis process would be great. i got all my documents through from home and got them certified by a JP.

cheers mate.

Ross.
Old May 24th 2011, 7:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mashup
alright mate.

broke my iphone so aint been on this.

i tried to private message you, agillick, but it wouldnt let me.

any information you have about tis process would be great. i got all my documents through from home and got them certified by a JP.

cheers mate.

Ross.
Once you have three posts you can use the private message system