Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Working as an Electrician in Canada

Working as an Electrician in Canada

Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold
Default Working as an Electrician in Canada

Hi

I'm 36 and my wife and I want to relocate to Canada using my job as a Domestic Electrician to qualify but my problem is I obtained my qualifications, as part of my resettlement package upon leaving the Royal Navy where I carried out Electrical maintenance amongst other duties.
I have been working as a Domestic/ Commercial spark now for nearly 4 years self employed however I seem to be gettg tripped up by not having done a full time diploma for my 2381, 2377 and 2391 qualifications. Can anyone give me some advice on a way round this or a way forward, thanks.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

ajmartin898 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working as an Electrician in Canada

Originally Posted by mags1972
Hi

I'm 36 and my wife and I want to relocate to Canada using my job as a Domestic Electrician to qualify but my problem is I obtained my qualifications, as part of my resettlement package upon leaving the Royal Navy where I carried out Electrical maintenance amongst other duties.
I have been working as a Domestic/ Commercial spark now for nearly 4 years self employed however I seem to be gettg tripped up by not having done a full time diploma for my 2381, 2377 and 2391 qualifications. Can anyone give me some advice on a way round this or a way forward, thanks.
You should'nt be working on domestic property with out either the sixteenth and now seventeenth edition IEE wiring regs you need to prove 9000 hours of hands on work to have your experince checked by the canadian government
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ajmartin898
You should'nt be working on domestic property with out either the sixteenth and now seventeenth edition IEE wiring regs you need to prove 9000 hours of hands on work to have your experince checked by the canadian government
Sorry, you've misunderstood my post, I have my 16th Edition, my 2391, my part P quals and am registered with Elecsa and have well over 9000 hours experience.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, you've misunderstood my post, I have my 16th Edition, my 2391, my part P quals and am registered with Elecsa and have well over 9000 hours experience.
were abouts in canada you looking to go to
Old Feb 4th 2009, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

were abouts in canada you looking to go to
Barrie Ontario 1st choice but depends on jobs
Old Feb 5th 2009, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Barrie Ontario 1st choice but depends on jobs
Barrie is a little better for doind the red seal apparently not as stressful as some other places were you que for hours I'm looking at fort mc again in the oil sands sector if poss good money to be made and you get lodgings
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Barrie is a little better for doind the red seal apparently not as stressful as some other places were you que for hours I'm looking at fort mc again in the oil sands sector if poss good money to be made and you get lodgings
Thanks AJ, good luck with that, let me know how u get on, still in early stages of applying at the moment