Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

What Qualifications are required from UK to help be recognised in Oz as a electricia

What Qualifications are required from UK to help be recognised in Oz as a electricia

Old Aug 22nd 2012, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

uktoWA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Qualifications are required from UK to help be recognised in Oz as a electricia

Hi all,

I currently work in the UK on the Railway as a Signals tester. I had a interview for a job via skype and they emailed me the next day telling me that with my skills and experience that they would have really been interested in offering me the job but they was not sure if I would have been able to get the required electrical licence. In the UK they this is not required(we have dispensation) but I do have various GNVQ's in electrical based subjects and over 10 years working on electrical equipment.

So I was hoping someone could tell me what sort of qualifications that would be required?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 9:03 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Qualifications are required from UK to help be recognised in Oz as a electri

Hi - I have apprenticeship, onc and hnc as I have always worked in industry. Some people have city and guilds qualifications, it is quite varied. Do you have anything other than the GNVQ's? (sorry, and the experience)

Sparkles
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: What Qualifications are required from UK to help be recognised in Oz as a electri

Originally Posted by uktoWA
Hi all,

I currently work in the UK on the Railway as a Signals tester. I had a interview for a job via skype and they emailed me the next day telling me that with my skills and experience that they would have really been interested in offering me the job but they was not sure if I would have been able to get the required electrical licence. In the UK they this is not required(we have dispensation) but I do have various GNVQ's in electrical based subjects and over 10 years working on electrical equipment.

So I was hoping someone could tell me what sort of qualifications that would be required?

Thanks in advance
Hi there,
This is a situation where good migration agents come into their own.. You could try contacting VETASSESS, who carry out skills assessments for migration purposes, or DIAC , but I would be tempted to consult a MARA registered migration agent. Their initial consultations are usually free and they can tell you from the outset what you need to do and what you're chances are.
Regards Derren
Old Aug 25th 2012, 11:02 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

What is the job? And what state?
In Qld to be a tester you must hold an A grade license,
But in Vic or tassie you don't have to be a electrician to be a tester, so you see it's complicated, if your a fitter or a mechanic (electrician)it's different too,
Need more info really