Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

What qualifications are needed?

What qualifications are needed?

Old Jun 13th 2011, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

vasquez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What qualifications are needed?

Hi there, my name is Dan and i'm new to these forums.
I've just qualified as an electrician, i have completed my C&G 2330 course, level 2 and level 3 parts.
I was just wandering would these qualifications be enough for me to be able to take part in the vetasses examination?

Do i need my 17th edition?

Do i need my NVQ level 3? (which i cant get due to no work where i live in chester)

Do i need my AM2?

Do i need my 2392 or 2391?

help would really be appreciated, thanks.

I've used up my holiday working visa already, so only way for me to get to australia is basically through a skilled working visa.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: What qualifications are needed?

C'mon

Someone must be able to help me.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 2:18 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vasquez
C'mon

Someone must be able to help me.
Just give it time. Remember that people are on different time zones here. I cant help how ever. But have you served a 4 year apprenticehsip? Are you time served?
Old Jun 14th 2011, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Havn't done any kind of apprenticeship, i'm 26 at the moment and just finished my 2330 lvl 3, i've about 1 and a half years work experience at the moment.

Thats it.

I know i need 2 years experience 1 being after i have qualified.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 6:48 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Havn't done any kind of apprenticeship, i'm 26 at the moment and just finished my 2330 lvl 3, i've about 1 and a half years work experience at the moment.

Thats it.

I know i need 2 years experience 1 being after i have qualified.
firstly you posted at 2.41 am then at 5.18am complaining that no-one had replied, i`m sure people will be queing up to help you
and whilst i`m on
youve not got a chance of being assessed as a sparky in australia with your experiance and qualification, even real electricians find it difficut

steve (4.48am getting ready for work)
Old Jun 14th 2011, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by steve`o
firstly you posted at 2.41 am then at 5.18am complaining that no-one had replied, i`m sure people will be queing up to help you
and whilst i`m on
youve not got a chance of being assessed as a sparky in australia with your experiance and qualification, even real electricians find it difficut

steve (4.48am getting ready for work)
Really positive response. Thanks.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 8:28 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Really positive response. Thanks.
like i said with your attitude they will be queing up to help you

or why not
and i know it means getting of your arse instead of waiting for one of us to wipe it for you
why not do your own research ?

theres a seemingly little used button up near the top of the page right in the middle called "search"
put what you want to know in there and press the button and all previous references tro the same will be displayed
amazing is`nt it

steve

Last edited by steve`o; Jun 14th 2011 at 8:45 pm.