what is the minimum time

Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyd is on a distinguished road
Default what is the minimum time

i would be looking at, from applying to emigrate to actually getting the visa.

i only ask because my partner seems to have her head in the clouds about it not taking long at all (she thinks 3 months) but if i have been reading correctly on here i would have to wait for a vetasses date and pass before i could even apply for a visa, is that right? and how frequent are these dates in the uk?

please help as she keeps saying i'm being a pessimist.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:11 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what is the minimum time

assessment dates are every 3 months - i'm think anyway

then the visa application can take up to over a year. Usually around the 9-11 months.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all
Default Re: what is the minimum time

Originally Posted by jonnyd
i would be looking at, from applying to emigrate to actually getting the visa.

i only ask because my partner seems to have her head in the clouds about it not taking long at all (she thinks 3 months) but if i have been reading correctly on here i would have to wait for a vetasses date and pass before i could even apply for a visa, is that right? and how frequent are these dates in the uk?

please help as she keeps saying i'm being a pessimist.
Hi there, it depends on what type of visa you're applying for, if you are lucky enough to get something like a regional sponsorship, the timescale quoted is 3-6 months but I don't know how available sponsorship is. Yes, you would have to wait to pass the Vetassess part as you will be given a letter to put with your visa application. Vetassess only took over the assessment in September so it's still very new but the best place to look is on the Vetassess website and perhaps ring them, they are usually very helpful - that is if you can stay awake late enough to ring!!!!

Good luck, there's a mine of information on this site and loads of helpful souls to keep you going when it gets tough!!

Mel