What is Energy Safety??

Old Aug 1st 2009, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

alpinewave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is Energy Safety??

Can anyone tell me what the Energy Safety route involves after completing a Vetasses assessment and how many years experience would i need as i only have two at the moment?? Any help, thanks.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What is Energy Safety??

No one is sure at the moment.... Have to sit tight I think as more and more Vetassess people get their visa's and start to make the move..... Once we get our visa we will make enquiries if no-one else has.

Think your qualifications and CV etc are referred to a panel and they then approve you licence or not as the case may be... not sure if two years is sufficient ..... have you passed Vetassess?
Old Aug 4th 2009, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Hey, nope, not even started yet, trying to figure out where to go if i pass Vetasses, need more experience i think. ARTC need seven years so can't go that way. Thanks for reply again.
Old Aug 5th 2009, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

alpinewave;

if you have done an Apprentiship you need 4 yaers experience, if No Apprentiship then you would need 7 years post training.

then when you get here the fun starts for getting all licenses, if you need help just ask
Old Aug 5th 2009, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
No one is sure at the moment.... Have to sit tight I think as more and more Vetassess people get their visa's and start to make the move..... Once we get our visa we will make enquiries if no-one else has.

Think your qualifications and CV etc are referred to a panel and they then approve you licence or not as the case may be... not sure if two years is sufficient ..... have you passed Vetassess?
Am sending you some karma, cause I bet whichever route we have to go involves a shed load of cash, am in the same position as you at the moment, waiting.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Jason, they don't make it straight forward or easy do they! We'll get there..... Evevtually!!
Old Aug 6th 2009, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again everyone for your replies.
Old Aug 8th 2009, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

We have applied to Energy Safety along with proof of our Vetassess pass and copies of passport etc and an application fee of 38 dollars. I have been informed they will contact us and give us a date that my hubby can do his 2 week course (I believe the course to be all day every day for 2 weeks) the course involves pretty much the same as Vetassess along with of course the wiring regs and other things (sorry Im only a girl I know nothing about plugs and wires lol)

When he does this course and hopefully passes he will get his A Class Licence. This is what we have been told obviously I can confirm it when we have done it. Hope this helps.

By the way we have sold our house in the UK WOOHOO, we can move to Perth hopefully there by end of October. Lets hope the licence is a smooth journey :O

Last edited by shar07; Aug 8th 2009 at 11:57 am.
Old Aug 9th 2009, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Shar, helps a lot, good luck with your hubbys course too.
Old Sep 16th 2009, 12:36 am
Account Closed

chris_at_forum is an unknown quantity at this point

that sounds interesting for me,

Can't find a contact to Energy Safety, what is their homepage?

thanks
Old Sep 16th 2009, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Originally Posted by chris_at_forum
that sounds interesting for me,

Can't find a contact to Energy Safety, what is their homepage?

thanks
I've been looking at this since this thread started, hope its the right site!!

www.docep.wa.gov.au/EnergySafety/
Old Sep 17th 2009, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

From the info i have energy safe in all state's only issue the licenses to people all training is done via registered training agency's from every state unless im missing something here
Old Sep 29th 2009, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've had some correspondence with Energy Safety WA and they advise me that if you have the OTSR or the ARTC you can apply to them. They will then approve you for the Electrical Trade Licence Course at somewhere such as the College of Electrical Training. You have to have Energy Safety approval to do this course.

Once you complete this course (either over 2 weeks full time or 10 weeks part time) you will then be granted your licence in accordance with what TRA or Vetassess have classed you as.

It costs around $860 for the course and $310 for the course books. (Electroctechnology Practice & Electrical Trade Principles by Jeffery Hampson and AS/NZS 3000/2007 Wiring Rules hard cover and the AS/NZS 3008.1.1:1998 Electrical installations is optional)

There are two parts to the course which are studied over 2 x 40 hour periods:

Part A: Design & Install Low Voltage Electrical Wiring
Part B: Inspect & test Electrical Wiring and Equipment

I am not sure what is involved as a test to proove you have gained knowledge during the course. Perhaps someone such as Steve'O or Pom_From_Aus can make enquiries for us to find out?

Old Sep 29th 2009, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hi Janna just noticed you have your visa many congratulations. We are moving to Secret Harbour in Perth in 5 weeks Just to let you know Mike is booked in on the course you are talking about from 30th November for 2 weeks, so if I have a computer up and running then will let everyone know what is involved. Good luck and maybe see you over there
Old Sep 29th 2009, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Shar,

Thanks! We got it just before the rules changed again!! We were really lucky. We'll be out in Perth by May next year I hope so keep us posted on how you get on. Forgot you were going to be out there before us.

Will be interesting to see how your OH gets on.

Would be could to meet up once where in Perth. We can never have enough friends!

Good luck with you move! hope it all goes smoothly!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.