Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

what do I need to do to get my Electrician ARTC

what do I need to do to get my Electrician ARTC

Old May 20th 2014, 2:03 am
Just Joined

peter123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what do I need to do to get my Electrician ARTC

Yes they need to be done in order to get the licence and are only valid for 18months. They also can only be done through a EWRB approved provider, as far as I am aware they will not except any Australian safe working practice, testing or cpr tickets.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 2:58 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

NZ looks like a viable option, make the most of it and transfer any licences asap under mutual recognition. I've been through the "process" and negotiated the "system" in a way that was possible when I did it. I also saw avenues being closed down before and during my journey through the wonders of the Electrical licencing system.

Don't be surprised if the NZ option gets closed down at some stage.

I suspect sour grapes from electricians that have jumped through hoops the hard way are behind some of the rule changes. I remember when WA and Qld stopped accepting mutual recognition from SA qualified electricians with fitter ARTC's it was off the back of "It has come to our attention" style released from the regulating bodies.

Get in there while you can and make hay!
Old Jun 12th 2014, 4:19 am
Just Joined

Craigo is an unknown quantity at this point

Peter,

Did you have to take your own testing equipment with youto do the safe testing part?

Cheers
Old Jul 3rd 2014, 3:53 am
Just Joined

ThomasR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi peter got my stuff reganoised in nz I just have to do 3 courses now each course is a week long so I go there for 3 weeks is that the way u went cheers