Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

WA Electrical Mechanic Certificate in 4 months, so easy.

WA Electrical Mechanic Certificate in 4 months, so easy.

Old Dec 2nd 2012, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WA Electrical Mechanic Certificate in 4 months, so easy.

To all applying for Migration:

Anybody Now applying to Migrate to Australia Must apply via VET its as simple as that, then to apply to TRA you must now be a resident of Australia people who came on a WHV have stuffed it for all others by doing this shortcut, its not an easy Route by any means all the paperwork, but also achievable if your organized & triple check everything you do after all there are lots of people on here who can provide up to date assistance any info people provide thats 12 months Old forget it the Goal Post change every month here.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Lee Cassell is an unknown quantity at this point

and this is where it all began... lol!
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 6:00 am
Just Joined

Rules changed again as of Jan 2013, so Warrens info can not be followed anymore for anyone granted an ARTC after this date. Electrical Mechanics now need to complete a Logbook which can apparently be done in 6 months if you blast it out and anybody with an Electrical fitter grading will not even be issued a provisional licence now.

I am looking for an in depth course/ log book criteria that is required for the new rules of ARTC to gain a Grade A licence and wondered if anyone had it or knew where to find it on the Energy Safety or CET web page?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

jimcz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lee Cassell
....... and anybody with an Electrical fitter grading will not even be issued a provisional licence now........
S..T. That's a real bummer. I've just sent off my ARTC application for El. Fitter hoping that after I get it, my chances to land a job in my field would be easier.

Where do you have this update from?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 3:53 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jimcz
S..T. That's a real bummer. I've just sent off my ARTC application for El. Fitter hoping that after I get it, my chances to land a job in my field would be easier.

Where do you have this update from?
numerous calls from Energy safety and plus a few other calls with CET. The old ETL course will be disbanded in May this year according to the course admin at CET. Due to New rules there will be no need to run this course. I followed the good info warren gave and it seemed like i was the first to be screwed and thought it would be good to tell everyone so they don't get let down like i did.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

jimcz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your quick reaction.

What will my future ARTC for Electrical Fitter be good for under the new rules? If it won't allow me to work as a TA and start filling in the log book.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 10:19 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

What will my future ARTC for Electrical Fitter be good for under the new rules? If it won't allow me to work as a TA and start filling in the log book.
Depends pretty much on where you want to live, for SA NSW or Qld just go to PEER and transfer your SA licence to NSW, or alternatively use it to work freely in Qld http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/fair-a...ition#external

For any other states you might be screwed, whatever you do, do it asap, the national licencing has a deadline for implementation during 2013 I suspect you will be better of getting any licence before that particular sh@tstorm lands
Old Apr 5th 2013, 3:34 am
Just Joined

webber78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got off the phone to energy safety WA and the process for ARTC certificates granted electrical fitter is still supervised work with a provisional licence and log book within 12 months time limit then theory and practical exam at the end
Old Apr 5th 2013, 3:38 am
Just Joined

webber78 is an unknown quantity at this point

You dont need any form of license or ARTC to work as TA. You do need a provisional licence to start supervised work to fill out the log book. Regarding to WA, unsure of any other states

Last edited by webber78; Apr 5th 2013 at 3:53 am.